Chapter 4-Trapped

This chapter is dedicated to my first reader and commenter, Candy 176. She writes great books and is excellent at constructive criticism, which-believe me-is very helpful. Be sure to check out her books, if your an action junkie you'll probably love them. Thank you Candy 176 for being such a helping person and telling me what to do to improve my writing.

After draping on a lightest chain-mail I had, I grabbed my hooded cloak from the corner of my dusty hanger. I grabbed my dagger and hid it in my hole-ridden boot. Savouring just a moment to catch the soft golden colours of dawn, I jumped from a window in the abandoned house I had currently lived in and landed lightly on the balls of my feet onto the damp grass. I had left Damian to his own devices after I had told him what happened, so often woke in the night hearing footsteps on the creaky wooden floorboards. Scowling with frustration at myself for not being calmer the day when I had knocked him out, I paced down the cobbled street towards the woods. I needed to think.

The birds were already flitting from branch to branch when I arrived at the forest. Frost clung to anything it could find and ivy snaked up unsuspecting trees. I shifted in mere seconds, immediately bounding through the ominous scenery.

I ran North-East, all the way up to the lake-miles away from any other being and padded up the huge boulders that were dotted across the hills surrounding the massive expanse of water. Somewhere within one of the hills was a cave, full of paintings of wolves and birds. Ancestor's pass. It was my favourite place to go whenever I felt like life had no meaning, or I wanted to have my solitude. Half an hour later I was at the entrance of the cave. I howled when I saw them. Victoria and Sirius stood at the entrance, smirking. How could I have not smelt them, or heard them at the very least? Why hadn't I taken precautions? I lept from the tunnel opening but it was to late. Victoria had used her formidable telekinesis to pick me up and Sirius was already striding towards me. I squirmed in Victoria's in usable grasp but it was no use. Still suspended in mid air, I attempted to kick Sirius away from me. He persisted as I silently screamed. Then every thing went black.