Rylyn, Hay Fever

Brooklyn

Hay Fever had struck again, and my boyfriend was even worse for wear than normal.
I could tell from the moment he'd shuffled out of his room. Normally he's the early bird of the band, getting up at seven in the morning.
By the time he'd showed up it was nearing twelve, everyone waiting on tender hooks for him to emerge from his room, watching TV to pass the time in the Mindy room.
I'd peeked in earlier to see him completely wiped out, and didn't have the heart to wake my boyfriend up.

The first thing I noticed was his sluggish movements, which I found odd, considering he had always been such an energetic person. Then his eyes, swollen and red, as if he'd been rubbing them constantly, still weeping uncontrollably as he fought to keep up to speed with it with trembling hands.
And then the sneezing. Three times in a row followed by a groan.

I moved from my stance in the hallway and rushed towards him, pulling him tight against my chest as he fell onto me.
Rye looked absolutely exhausted.

"Brooky." He mumbled, and I softly awwwed at how congested his voice sounded. Yep, definately Hay Fever.

"Yeah babe?" I replied, stroking his hair softly, rubbing his back in a calming manner.

"Can you lay with me?" Rye sounded so pitiful that I didn't even hesitate.

"Of course babe... let me just go and tell the boys and I'll be right in, okay?" I said softly, sighing when he nodded into my shoulder.

He pulled away, and I couldn't tell if he was crying or if it was his eyes weeping. Perhaps it was a bit of both. I know how he gets when his Hay Fever hits him hard like it has done today. I kissed him softly before he turned around.

He stumbled back to his bed, and I waited until he'd climbed back under the covers before walking to the Mindy room to find the boys watching TV.

"What's wrong with him?" Mikey asked, muting the TV as he saw me come back in.

"Hay Fever... It's worse than usual. He's asked me to go and lay with him... I don't know what we have planned for later, but..." I trailed off, and Andy laughed.

"It's fine Brook... go to Rye and comfort him. If he's asking for you then he must be feeling awful." Andy spoke, standing up to rummage through the cupboards.

"That's what I thought." I said.

"Man that sucks." Jack spoke quietly. "And he hates his Hay Fever too."

"Yeah... I know." I laughed, but frowned when Andy thrust a glass of water at me and a tablet.

"What's this?" I asked, taking them before Andy went and sat down again.

"Hay Fever tablet... If he hasn't taken one already. Now go. Shoo." Andy joked, and I chuckled.

"Alright, thanks Fovvs... See you guys later." I called over my shoulder.

Upon entering Rye's room I took in the numerous tissues sprawled out on the floor.

Damn... He must really be feeling it today...

"Baby... I got a present from Andy." I softly called, sitting down on Harvey's bed as he rolled over to face me, tissue clutched in his hand while wiping his eyes.

"What is it?" He mumbled, struggling to keep his eyes open. He coughed harshly, breathing deeply, and then followed up with another trio of sneezes.

"Awww Babe." I said, and Rye looked up at me with a soft smile. "Anyway, Hay Fever tablet... have you had one yet?" I asked as I showed him the gifts.

He shook his head, and I knelt beside his bed. I helped my boyfriend to hold himself up as he took the tablet, and a few sips of water, before he collapsed back onto the bed.

"Thanks Brooky."

"It's fine Rye-Pie." I ran my hand through his hair, putting the glass on the bedside table simultaneously.

Rye brought his hand up to rub his nose, which brought in another fit of sneezing.

"Do you need me to close the window?" I asked, my voice dripping with concern.

"No." He sniffed wetly. "It's too hot in here anyway." I sighed, wishing there was more that I could do.
He shuffled over so I could climb in beside him, and he curled into me, resting his head on my chest. From my positions I could still see how swollen his eyes looked.

"Do you need your eyedrops babe?" I murmered as he wiped them again.

"Yeah." He coughed.

I removed my phone from my pocket and fired off a text to Mikey, asking him to bring them in.

I wrapped an arm around Rye's shoulders, pulling him closer. His breath was heavy, seeing as he couldn't actually breathe through his nose at the minute.
I heard the faint sound of voices coming from the Mindy room, and then someone rifling through the cupboards.

A knock on the door came a few seconds later, before it opened. Mikey peeked in, sighing when he saw Rye, and handed them to me.

"Thanks Mikey." I said softly, smiling. Rye reached over to pluck it from my hand and dropped them in himself, blinking rapidly once he'd done so. I then handed them back to Mikey, who'd perched briefly on Harvey's bed.

"Anytime bro. Mate, you look absolutely awful... I don't know why mine isn't playing up like yours is." Mikey said quietly with a small smile, grinning when Rye looked up at him.

"Yeah, but mine didn't play up when yours did... It's like karma for me joking about yours." He laughed, but ended up coughing again.

"Mine wasn't this bad though Rye. However, I think you're right about the karma thing." He laughed, and then the three of us giggled until Rye sneezed again, wiping his nose on the tissue.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it. I'll take these back and get Andy and Jack to keep it down if you want to sleep Rye. Text one of us if you need anything." He said softly.

"Thank you." Rye mumbled, nuzzling his face into my chest. I smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead, stroking his arm with my other hand.

"Cheers mate." I said as Mikey opened the door. He turned around and smiled.

The door closed quietly, and Rye sighed in my arms.

"Any better?"

"Eye's aren't watering as much... still feel tired, and my nose is itchy." Rye sniffed, and I awwwed again.

"If you want to sleep just sleep Rye... I'll stay right here." I whispered, feeling him rest his hand into my stomach.

"Okay." He murmered, but I could tell that he was already on his way.

Barely a minute later his breathing evened out, broken up by the sniffling in his sleep.

"I love you Rye." I whispered, smiling when Rye snuggled even further into me.
Even with Hay Fever he was still adorable.

----------------

Hey guys... hope you liked it. I actually have Hay Fever, so I can honestly relate to Mikey and Rye so much in that department.
Thankyou for reading as always.
Love WolfGirl. ❤️