Chapter-Seven

Its seven twenty eight p.m. on Asher's clock, nine hours since the whole kingdom was put on lock down and two minutes till the dome closes. We got word that Marie's bullet wound didn't do any major damage, which was a huge relief off our shoulders. I'm looking out of Asher's window, not joining in on Asher telling the story about what happen today for the tenth time. At least it's only three people this time, Dodge, Marshall, and Guy.

"Then Indigo read what the rock said."

"And what did it say!" yells Marshall with excitement.

"Yeah, stop leaving us in suspense Asher!" says Dodge.

"It said." starts Asher

"The King is the reason we forgot our past and don't question our futures. What do you guys think that means?" I say interrupting him.

"Could mean anything but I wouldn't over think it. Probably just some bums trying to get the kingdoms attention." says Guy, who speaks for the first time since entering the room.

Asher starts to tell the rest of the story and I go back to looking out of the window and right on cue the dome starts to close. Also right on cue Neil on the speaker telling us that there're thirty minutes till we have to be in our own rooms.

"I'm going to turn in early" I say getting of Asher's bed.

"Alright, see you in the morning." says Asher.

"Later Indigo." says Dodge.

"See you." says Marshall.

I open the door and walk down the hallway not having to walk far because my room is three doors down. In front of my door is a small white envelope, I pick it up hoping it's not anything like the paper I read today. Putting the envelope on my nightstand, I pull out a white T-shirt, underwear, and shorts from my drawer. The showers are downstairs so it doesn't take me long to come back to my room and fall asleep in my bed, forgetting to open the envelope.

I have the dream I often have, I'm a little boy again with my parents and two siblings, everyone has no face and the only thing that stands out is their hair color. My mom has brown hair, while my dad has silver hair. My brother has green hair and my sister has red hair, the color of roses, and I have blue hair. Even though I don't know who my family is, this dream gives me hope that they're still out there. Still wondering or even looking for their lost son and brother. In the dream we're walking down the street with all the other faceless people, until guards surround us and our parents yell at us to run but I am the only one to move. I try running back for them but guards block my path, he is about to hit me with the butt of his gun but her touch wakes me instead. I sit up automatically, breathing heavily and sweating.

"The parent dream again?"

"Yes, I was about to be captured."

"Sorry if I made it worst."

"It's fine Alice."

Alice has been sneaking into my room for about a month now. She tells me I make her feel safe, from what I don't know. She and I talk for the most part but other times she comes to my room only to cuddle up to me. I know her mom died when she was three so I wonder if that's the reason she comes to me for comfort. The clock reads twelve eighteen, the earliest she's every come.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Today was just...unexpected."

"I know but."

"No, we didn't have the same experience. When the guns went off she was standing in front of the windows to see what that glass breaking was."

"Who was standing in front of the windows?"

"My teacher Miss.Walker, she was just standing there then." says Alice starting to cry.

"It's ok." I say bringing her closer into my arms.

Alice stops crying after a while, I wipe her tears with my thumb. She makes me promise not to fall asleep until she does and of course I promise her I won't.

"How did you not get caught sneaking out of the castle? Aren't the guards watching everything?"

"You didn't hear?"

"Hear what?"

"They found the man responsible for the shooting and he's now in the prison under the castle."

"What's the King going to do with him?"

"I don't know. I just...don't want to talk about today. Oh and Indigo, don't refer to him as the King you can just say father, it's not like I'm going to be offended."

"Okay." I say, laughing afterwards.

We lay there in silence together until Alice closes her eyes. I keep my promise and wait a while to hear her snore. She does so I close my eyes too, instantly falling asleep.