Life Lessons (manxman) A Paranormal One Shot

Life Lessons (A Paranormal One Shot)

Jace knew he should be almost catatonic with fear right now, but he wasn’t. Instead, he was hoping to finally get kicked out of the wretched Institute for Gifted Paranormals. His parents had off and left him and his brother here thinking that this was the place for him grow into the Alpha he was supposed to be. What they didn’t realize that he is not the Alpha, his brother Terry is, and where he was failing his alpha training on purpose, Terry was flying through with passing colors. Terry had just celebrated his sixteenth birthday and the Alpha aura had already surrounded the young wolf. But no, his stubborn father was set on Jace becoming the next Alpha to their pack since it was normally the rule that the first born was the one to always take over, and heaven forbid anyone goes against the rules and manages to think freely.

 Jace was currently cooling his heels in the hallway across from Chancellor’s office. His latest transgression had landed him firmly in the hot seat, and his fed up Professors and the Dean of Student Affairs thought that it was time that he was handled by the Chancellor himself. His sarcastic character, and venomous tongue had taken him right to the threshold of the most feared person on Campus, Hell in history of Paranormals alone. It was rare that anyone at all saw the Chancellor himself, because the vampire only made his appearances at Institutional functions for fundraising purposes, but other than that Dr. Baranov was never seen by a student unless you were unfortunate enough to get sent to his inner sanctum.

No one knew the exactly how old  the Chancellor, Dr. Nikolai Baranov was, the gossips said that he was from the old country and that he was more lethal than anything out there. The vampire was a predator of first rate and that he only hid behind the sophistication of his multiple degrees and his mind boggling intellect. The rumor mill had churned out the dramatic tale of students disappearing and never heard from again after being sent his office. But Jace thought it was a crock of shit and had no qualms in saying so. This was just another sad sorry excuse of a shifter that hid behind a desk rather than being true to his  nature, and running free in the forest.

 Jace rolled his eyes and shifted his position on the uncompromising wooden bench in the almost deserted hallway across from the office in question. As ludicrous as the speculations about the Chancellor were, he couldn’t help but wonder if he was going to get expelled. He hoped so, he wanted to go back to the pack lands and just live in peace. His father’s betas he and his brother had chaperoning them has already informed the Alpha about the changes in his second son and the lack of changes in the first. Gabriel was well versed on the coming of age of shifter young since his mother was the pack’s healer. So when Terry gained his sixteenth moon, the Alpha’s aura had settled upon him proving that he was the one for the job. Jace was going to turn eighteen in a few days and had yet to have the change, his aura was strong, but not that of an Alpha, and despite what his father said about him being a late bloomer, it was just not the case. Jace would be more than happy to be a beta, or even an advisor to Terry as the future Alpha. He didn’t have the build or the brute strength to be an enforcer or an Alpha.

 People always mistook him for Terry’s younger brother instead of the other way around. His sibling was 6’4, solidly packed with muscles and a take charge charisma. Where Terry was tall and dark, he was fair with a head of blond curls and slender body, standing at only 6 feet even. Terry had dark hair and brown eyes and resembled their stocky father, the strong no nonsense Alpha. Jace on the other hand resembled his gorgeous blond  emerald eyed mother. He had been acting out for years in hopes of getting sent home and it finally seemed that he was going to get his wish. But his shoulders slumped with the knowledge that he may not have the comfort of going home and fitting in like he wanted.

 Jace had figured out early that he was different from the other Paranormals. Unlike Terry and the other male shifters and vampires here, he knew he that he was not attracted to females. Jace was never big on sports, but had to participate in them as a part Institute’s curriculum, and the boy’s locker room was his favorite place to live out his fantasies and discreetly spy on the toned fit male bodies during shower time. He has never taken a girlfriend like the other guys and he kept to himself most of the time. Jace especially turned down the girls running after to him trying to get to his handsome brother. He was rattled out of internal musings when the door across the hall opened and a stately older woman motioned for him to get up and come into the office.