Maybe

We sat and talked for what felt like hours. I found out that by the age of 12 she could play the piano, the bass, as well as the violin. She used to surf quite often. I also learned that she loves sushi and her favourite colour is blue. In return, she learned that my favourite colour is also blue and I also love sushi. That I can't play a single instrument and I can't even swim. 

"Would you like to go to the park?" She asked me, her eyes lighting up.

"If you would like to, I would like to." I smiled at her gently. She took my hand and started walking towards the door. She locked her house and we made our way into the elevator. As we walked to the park she kept smiling up at me and holding my hand tighter. We made it to the park and she pulled me towards a large tree. She sat underneath it and I took a seat beside her. 

"It's beautiful out." She said and looked up at the sky. 

"The only beautiful thing I see right now is you." I said and watched her cheeks become a light red. It was incredibly adorable. 

"Why do you do that?" She began to lay her head on my lap and she smiled up at me. 

"Why do I do what?" 

"Why do you compliment me so much?" Her face gave off a truly curious expression.

"Because I enjoy the way your face lights up when I make you smile." I smiled gently and looked around the park. Her cheeks became a familiar shade of red.

"You're too sweet to me. You realize you met me two days ago, right?" 

"It really doesn't feel like it." I looked down at her. "Besides, I'm drawn to you." 

"Really? and why is that?" The corner of her lips lifted in an adorable smirk.

"I don't really know. It could be any number of things." 

"So you were talking about your sister earlier. Are you two close?"  She closed her eyes.

"Yeah, we're fairly close." I looked up at the tree and then back to her

"Well where would she be right now?"

"On the other side of town, why?" 

"We should go see her." She opened her eyes and sat up. 

"I'm not sure if we should. "

"Oh come on, why not?"

"If you really want to meet my sister, we'll go meet my sister." I looked into her eyes, somewhat nervously. 

"Alright then." She stood up almost instantly. "I would really like to meet your sister." She smiled widely at me.

"Alright." I got to my feet. "Can I at least shower and change my clothes?" 

"Right, I forgot about that. Of course, lets go to your place first." She smiled and took my hand. "Lead the way." 

So we walked to my place. We walked for about 10 minutes before making it to the back entry of my appartment. 

"It's not much, so I apologize in advance." I said as we walked up the stairs.

"Don't apologize, it's quite alright. " She smiled at me and followed me up the stairs. I unlocked the door and opened it, revealing my simple flat. Everything was visible from the doorway. The kitchen, the bed, the television. It was really rather simple and compact. I kept it clean, though. 

"This is it. Like I said, it's not much. I'll be quick." 

"Alright, I'll watch some television then." She smiled and took a seat at the brown suede sofa facing the television. 

I picked out some black jeans and a blue tshirt for after my shower and then grabbed a towel before turning the shower on. I showered quickly, washing up and getting out so that she wasn't waiting long. I quickly dried off and changed into my clean clothes, stepping out to see her not where she was when I got in. "Silvia?" 

"I'm in the kitchen." She said as if I should have known that. I probably should have, it wouldn't have taken me long to find her. I walked around to see her making a couple of sandwhiches. "I was hoping you'd take a bit longer so it'd be ready for you." She smiled back at me and put all the condiments back in the fridge. She finished the sandwhiches and handed me one. " I wasn't really sure what you liked but you're fridge is fairly limited, so that helped a bit. I hope it's alright." 

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." I smiled and took a bite. It was rather good.

"It's a food that you can't mess up." She smiled and began eating as well. We finished eating after a couple of minutes and she smiled at me. "Ready to go?" 

"I am." I looked at her for a moment and then wiped away the mayonaise at the corner of her lip. 

She blushed gently, obviously unaware that she had gotten mayonaise on her face. It was rather adorable. Come to think of it, she had food on her face after breakfast as well. She's quite the messy eater. I smiled to myself. 

"Hello, Aleksandr? Have you zoned out again?" Whoops. 

"Sorry, lets go." I continued to smile. 

We left my house and caught a taxi to where my sister's staying. Silvia kept resting her head on my shoulder as we waited in the back of the cab. We eventually made it there and I payed the driver before stepping out. Silvia followed right behind me. 

"How far is she from here? There aren't many houses around here..." She said as she looked around us. She was right. The only houses around weren't clearly visible. The land was flat and green with many little signs sticking up from the ground. They were all made of different kinds of rock, most of them stone.  

"We're not too far." I took her hand and began walking with her. We walked for a few minutes before coming to a stop. I looked at her as I said the next two words. "We're here." You could see the realization in her entire face. Her eyes widened slightly and her mouth formed a small "o" shape. I smiled gently and then crouched down infront of the grave. "Annabel Hunt" Was the first line on the tombstone. "April 1995 - November 2011" was the second line. 

"I... I'm sorry..." She said sadly as she looked down at me. I stood up and smiled gently at her.

"Why are you sorry? You have no reason to be sorry." 

"I just thought... I assumed she was alive.. and..." She stammered nervously. I hugged her tightly.

"Hey, don't be sorry. " She hugged me back tightly for a while before letting go.  She took a seat on the paved pathway. I sat across from her. She seemed more calm, her thoughts collected. 

"What happened..?" She asked as if she was treading carefully.

"She died." I said bluntly. "But she comes back to life from time to time and I talk to her." I smiled at her. She hit my arm.

"Don't joke about stuff like that." She pouted at me.

"Alright, I'm sorry. One night we were driving home. She had just gotten her license and she was excited to drive, so she did it all the time. It was raining out and it was fairly dark. We were on our way home from the store when it happened. Someone else was driving down the road going the opposite way and they had neglected to turn their headlights on. They drove this black Ford F350 and you couldn't see any of it coming towards us, but it hit us. It hit us so hard that it forced us nearly off the road. I remember looking at her thinking that we made it out alive, that we got so lucky. Thats how she looked at me. She opened her mouth to say something but then someone else hit us from behind and we started to fall down this mountain, rolling over and over until we hit the road at the bottom. I had closed my eyes halfway through and I didn't open them until I knew we were done rolling. When I looked back at her she wasn't looking at me anymore. She died later that night in the hospital. I remember being in that car, screaming at the top of my lungs until the ambulances and the firetrucks came. They had to pull me away because I kept trying to wake her up, shaking her. I sometimes wonder if she heard me trying to wake her. "

Silvia looked at me in a way I'd never seen her look at me before. It wasn't fear. It just made me want to hold her tightly and never let go. Like she was vulnerable. She took both of my hands in hers and we just exchanged looks for a while. No one had anything to say, the silence was fine.