v i o l e t s

"Surely as cometh the Winter, there are Spring violets under the snow." -R. H. Newell

·············

"Lillian's Lilies, how may I help you?"

"Hey it's the flower girl!"

"Yeah... I'm still here."

"Why?"

"Because I work here, why else?"

"Why?"

"Because my mom owns the store."

"Why?"

"Because she - nevermind... I'm rolling my eyes right now just so you know."

"That was my goal. And wait you hardly even sound old enough to be at working age."

"Wow.... I'll have you know that I'm 16."

"Dang it. I owe myself $5."

"How old are you?"

"STRANGER DANGER! Flower Girl is trying to steal my personal information!"

"Come on. You already know my name and age. It's unfair. How do I know you're not stealing my personal information?"

"And you never will know my name! Muahaha! But simce you've already figured it out, I am trying to steal your personal information and I'm secretly a 32 year old pedophile who reversed puberty to sound like a 16 year old boy to stalk young Flower Girls like you."

"What the fudge? That's some dark shiitake mushrooms. You better be kidding."

"Geez, no need to cuss, Flower Girl. Of course I'm kidding. I'm 16 going on 17 in exactly 28 days, June 21st."

"I never cuss, thanks for asking."

"Ass. Shit. Fu-"

"LALALALA THATS ENOUGH!"

"What are you on Flower Girl? Chill the 'fudge' out."

"Since you are never telling me your name, I will nickname you..."

"Butterfingers?"

"What? No! That's too sexual."

"Ok good. I hate Butterfingers anyways. I prefer Twix."

"Oh my Greek and Roman gods.... I love Twix. It is my weakness and soft spot. You are now deemed Twix."

"Twix sounds like the name of the underdog sidekick shapeshifter who is a DJ on Wednesday nights."

"Good then it's perfect."

"Changing subjects, I called because I wanted to know if you had those roses."

"I thought you said you weren't going to call everyday to check in."

"What can I say? I couldn't resist"

"Awe, I'm flattered. But I have a boyfriend."

"Really? You? A little Flower Girl like you?"

"One, how do you know I'm little? Two, I was a Flower Girl at a wedding one time, when I was 5."

"Don't care. Flowers. Yes? No?"

"Nope. It's only the next day."

"Prepare yourself Flower Girl, for my return. You haven't seen the last of-"

"Twix!"

"Yeah yeah. Whatever. Peace out my lovely little Flower Girl."

"Your? Lovely? Are you learning manners or are you a pedophile?"

"Beeeeeeep. Guess again."

"You... like.... me?"

"..."

A/N: no that "'...'" isn't a kiss chill out you fanfic readers. Anyways how did you like this chapter? Pretty please vote and comment! I'll happily respond! It means the world and beyond to me! See you guys in the next chapter. I'm so excited for it. Also this chapter is about a hundred words more than the last. Let me know your preference. Ok bye!!!