In the Inferno(3)

Well here is chapter 3 for Bewitchling. For those who like this book and for those who don't like this book, please comment. Thank you.

CHAPTER 3: In the Inferno

"Get up! You're going to make us late to church!" Kat's mother yelled while dragging Kat out of her bed.

Kat sleepily opened her eyes, "But I'm tired." She whined.

Her mom stared at her with disbelief, "Well maybe you're tired because YOU decided to go on a midnight walk so YOU could pick up two mangy cats off the street! So YOU need to go to church so that YOU can ask the Lord for the forgiveness I'm not going to give YOU." Kat's mom was super religious, Kat didn't share the vast amount of faith her mother had, as a matter of fact, she couldn't care less.

"That woman is awfully noisy. She may be stupider than you." Femi yawned from behind Kat. "Now are you ready to start your training this morning?" Kat shook her head.

"No, I have church." She said quietly.

Femi's tail twitched with irritation, "Church? Bah! Who cares about that?"

"My mom." Kat replied simply.

Femi started cleaning her paws, "Oh, I see... so that's where you got your stupidity from... I'm hungry. Feed me." She ordered.

'What a cranky, ungrateful old hag!' Kat thought to herself. Kat ran downstairs to the kitchen in search of something for Femi and Mist.

"I will eat that canned salmon you have in the pantry." Femi meowed behind her. Kat grabbed the salmon in a can and opened it for the hungry cats. As soon as the can met the floor, Femi started absorbing the contents into her greedy gut. Only once Femi was done stuffing her face did Mist come in and eat the leftovers.

"I'll get you guys some real cat food after church." Kat whispered to the cats.

"You can't go to church in your pajamas!!! Get some nice clothes on now!" Kat's mother screamed. Kat retreated to her room where she got on her mother's favorite church clothes, an ugly beige dress with a frilly collar. When Kat returned downstairs, her mother had a pleased and content look on her face. "Good, now you're ready. Let us leave."

The church service seemed to last forever. Kat kept thinking about herself and the stuff that she had learned about herself the previous day. She understood three important key points, A. she was a freak, B. she could talk to cats and ghosts, and C. she was a witch. She smiled to herself at the thought of herself in medieval England in a witch dress wreaking havoc on all the innocent people. She couldn't wait to learn something from Femi. The service had come to the part where the priests gave out the bread and wine, Kat, her mother, and her father got in the line for the sacrifice. The priest gave Kat a funny look when she had advanced to the front of the line, but he still gave her the free bread and she left.

With Church over Kat left her mom and dad talking to some of her father's police friends, Kat's father was the kind cop that everyone knew and loved, he was the one who didn't give people speeding tickets. Kat waved to one of her dad's closest friends, Lieutenant Lucas Williams, who had a son in Kat's Literature class, and she went to the nearest pet store. She purchased some baggies of cat food and started on her way home. Somewhere along her journey home Claire appeared to her screaming, "Hurry home! Save the book!" Kat was shocked by her ghost friend panicking, and then she came to a conclusion that her parents must be close to finding the book. Kat ran home, only to be shocked to find her home up in flames.

Femi and Mist were sitting on the roof of the two story house. Kat looked up at the distressed cats, she called to them, "Just wait there, I'll save you!"