Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

Songs for this chapter: I'm a Mess by Ed Sheeran and Thinking of You by Ed Sheeran

Harry's POV

"I was angry,' I defend as I sit across from Niall.

"That doesn't mean you should have said that,' He defends.

"I know, I regret it and I doubt she is ever going to talk to me again," I mention.

Niall and I were at his apartment waiting for Liam, Louis, and Zayn to show up. It was the night before the fashion show and I needed to stop thinking about it for a while. Tomorrow I was suppose to help tie everything together and my mom wanted me to stay and watch as well.

 "I know she will," Niall replies with an added eyeroll.

"I do love her, so much. But I don't know if we can make this work," I also bring up.

"The only advice I can give you is to talk to her about everything tomorrow," He responds.

"I still really want to take this New York opportunity," I say after a long pause.

But before Niall could respond, there was a knock on the door. Niall answers it and it's just Zayn, Liam, and Louis.

"What are you guys doing?" Louis asks.

"Not much, Harry is just thinking about his next move," Niall replies.

"Let me talk to him," Louis says.

"Go ahead," Niall retorts.

"That means leave," Louis adds sass and Niall puts his hands up in defense.

"where do we go?" Zayn pouts.

"The kitchen, order some chinese or pizza," Louis demands, but they all listen.

After Louis and I are alone I sigh. Louis scowls as he formulates his thoughts.

"Do you love her?" Louis asks.

"Of course I do," I reply.

"Well, you love her and I know she loves you..So you should be together," Louis says bluntly.

"It's complicated I reply.

"Not it's not," He snaps.

"How would you know?' I ask.

"Do you want to know what complicated is? Complicated is watching the man you really have feelings for love someone else. Complicated means giving them what they need to hear when they don't know how to stop being stubborn and getting what they truly want. If that's not complicated then I don't want to hear it," Louis rants.

"Well then what am I suppose to do? Even if we get together then she won't want to come to New York," I point out.

"Don't go. There will be plenty of chances to do something else besides work at the shop. Connor from the Vamps seems to really like you and I think you can get a chance like this again. I don't think you could ever get a chance to be with the one you're meant for. Trust me when I say that because I have never seen two people so perfect and compatable,' Louis goes on.

"You're right, I love her and I shouldn't let anything in the way," I say and stand up.

"Where are you going?" Louis asks.

"To tell the girl I love that I want to stay in her life,' I respond and gather my keys and wallet from Niall's table.

Louis smiles as I pull Niall's door open. I walk across the hall and knock on Taylor's door. Of course there is no answrer. I call her, but then again there is no answer. I slide down the back of her door and fall to the floor. Maybe she was with James and I was too late. I sit there for a long moment and then I hear Niall's door open.