Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Songs for this chapter- I heart ? by Taylor Swift

Harry's POV

"So you just let her go? Like that?" Liam asks in disbelief.

"I wouldn't say it was easy, there was a lot of yelling," I say.

"wow... and you're not sad? You dated her for two years!" He reasons.

"Not at all. I mean you would think I would be but I just don't feel anything," I admit.

"So you dated Caroline for two years, broke up, and you aren't the least bit sad?" He still sounded unsure.

"It's been a month and I still haven't felt a thing. It's like we never dated," I assure him.

"I'm just not sure that I can believe that. There has to be more to it," He begins to analyze out loud.

"Liam trust me, just because you couldn't handle it when you and Danielle split doesn't mean I want to sit here and mope around. We're two different people. Plus I'll find love again. I mean you have Sophia now and that seems to be working out so I am sure I can do the same," I mention.

"We aren't talking about me. I mean you had been with her for that long and yet you aren't angry or sad? I think you need counseling," He suggests.

"If you seriously think I'm going to go to counselling like Zayn then you're nuts. I don't need some bat crazy women telling me that I have to talk about my emotions," I retort.

"She's helped Zayn a lot. She's not bat crazy. Besides you're a good guy Harry. Just not when it comes to dating girls..or dealing with their feelings. Or yours for that matter," He lectures.

"You can say that again. I have been in multiple serious relationships though so you can't say that I'm that bad at handling women's emotions. What about Kendall before this?' I remind him.

"Come on Harry, you dated her the whole time you were in college and you acted this exact same way. I think you have commitment issues," He says with an eye roll.

"Commitment issues? Please Liam. It's not my fault that girls insist on pushing my buttons. I don't want to move in and own three cats," I half laugh with this statement.

"Afraid of commitment," He says, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"You'll see. The next relationship will be good. She will be the one Liam! I just haven't found her and I don't need counselling to do it," I argue.

"At least go see what she's all about. Zayn says his social issues are getting better," Liam reminds me.

"I know. I'm proud of him," I respond.

Speak of the devil, Zayn walks right through the door as we are having this discussion. He has on his leather jacket and boots indicating he is going on a motorcycle ride. He was probably off to the councilor as we speak.

"Where are you headed stud?" I joke.

"I have an appointment with Taylor," He says softly.

"So you are going to counselling?" I confirm.

"Yeah. It helps, maybe you should try it," Zayn responds in a sassy tone.

"That's what I have been saying!" Liam agrees.

"God having you two as roommates is a real pain," I groan.

"Not like you were ever here anyway. You were always with Caroline," Liam mocks.

"Hey man. That was different. She and I could have sex in peace at her place," I argue.

"At least you know it isn't happening here, the walls are paper thin. Just ask Liam, he knows," Zayn jokes and I can't help but chuckle as Liam blushes.

"Oh shut up. I am not going to counselling and that's final," I reply.

"I'll tell her you're considering it," Zayn says, but he is already halfway out the door before I can argue against it.

"Oh my god. I don't need to see a love doctor," I tell Liam in frustration.

"It's alright mate. I think you should at least give it one session. I bet you she's a cutie considering how often Zayn visits," Liam teases.

"Isn't there rules about doctors having affairs with their patients?" I mention.

"I know I was kidding. But seriously give it a shot. You might like it," He says.

"Ughh. Fine but you need to make the appointment or something," I give in.

"Just remember it's only one session. Then you never have to go back or talk about it again if you decide you don't like it," He reminds me.

"Alright. Well let me know when you have the appointment scheduled," There was no point in arguing with Liam. He was such a persistent asshole.

"On that note, I am going to go meet up with Sophia. See you later," He informs me as he pulls himself out of his seat on the couch.

I say goodbye to him as he gathers his wallet and his keys while putting his shoes on. In the next five minutes he's finally gone and I let out a long sigh. He was lucky that he and Zayn are my best friends. We all roomed together and worked in the same place. My dad owns a mechanic shop and we all take part in working there. We were always there for each other and knew we could count on one an other if we were in need. This was for sure tested when Zayn started showing signs of social anxiety.

Zayn had developed this issues after the love of his life, Rebecca, had passed.She was a firefighter and Zayn had been with her for as long as I could remember. She died when helping someone out of a fire. I had never seen Zayn so heartbroken and lifeless after he had received the news. He wouldn't even eat unless you sat there and watched. That is why I was willing to give this counselling business a shot. He was doing so much better and I couldn't thank this doctor enough. We had never met but Zayn talked about her all the time. He talked about how much she loved to draw and sketch like him. He also said that she was very beautiful and a good listener. Although he was doing better, Zayn was still focused on Rebecca so he had to keep going to his appointments in order to get his closure and move forward.

My phone rings interrupting my train of thought, bringing me to reality and my long thoughts to a close. I walk over to the coffee table and lift it off the corner.

"Hello," I answer.

"Harry can you please get over here?" My dad asks.

"Sure thing, I'll be there in ten," I sigh.

"Alright, try your best to hurry. I need to speak with you about something important," He replies.

We then hang up and I jump into my newly refurbished Audi. Cars were important to me and my father due to the fact that we were both mechanics. I needed to get to the shop and see why he was requesting me on my day off. My father and I were very close and I would do anything for him. I had no clue what he wanted to discuss but I hope it was good news.

Alright the first chapter! I thought I would update this again because I have way too many ideas. I hope to update again soon! I loved your feedback last time so I would really appreciate comments and votes so I know how you guys feel about the story. Thanks so much for reading. I will obviously update this more frequently when it's my next main project after I finish Ashes. Thank you (I can never say that enough you're all so lovely!) and I'll update as soon as I can and hopefully finish Ashes in the next week or two.