Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Sophia’s P.O.V)

It was morning at least I thought it was. “Morning sleepy, how are you feeling?” Damon said.

“So it is morning” I said in response to Damon while sitting up in bed. “Yes it is, it has been dark since I got up”. Damon came and sat next to me while I was still staring out the window at the cloudy dark sky. “Are you feeling better this morning?” he asked while getting my attention by holding my hand.

“Oh, yeah I am feeling better this morning” I said giving him a quick smile. “Today is going to be good for looking for the pack, because it hasn’t rained yet and their scents will be left. Once the rain comes our scents will be washed away as if we weren’t there.” Damon stated grabbing my other hand. “Are you ok, you seem distracted?” “I’m fine I’m just thinking about what is going to happen and what we let happen yesterday” I said hanging my head in shame.

“It couldn’t have been stopped, we were both caught off guard” he said while placing himself next to me on the bed. He used his hand to lift my head up so I was looking him straight in the eyes.

“We need to focus on finding your brothers pack, so we can get Chloe back” he said giving me a peck on the cheek. “You need to get ready so that we can get started, the rain won’t hold off for long” he said with a now serious expression.

“Alright then, I will have a shower and then we will go” I said jumping out of the bed and started heading to the shower. 

I got out of the shower and got dressed and Damon was holding a backpack full of clothes and money that he had stolen from the king ages ago.  I grabbed his hand and we went downstairs and out of the hotel.  

“We need to find them but where should we start looking?” We started to walk around the town to try and find a scent that was from a wolf.

We walked around for a little while and then we caught the smell of a small group of wolves. “Should we follow it?” Damon asked me. “It’s the only thing we have got for now, but we are going to have to change into our wolves because we don’t know how far away they are. We got undressed in some toilets and started to follow the scent.

While running, I thought to myself that it was odd that we hadn’t come across Blaze’s scent when we were sniffing around. I realise now why he was the king vampires favourite, but he did wake us up from our sleep. That’s the one thing he didn’t do very well.

We stopped running to save our energy and started walking. We kept our guard up just in case anyone would catch us by surprise.

Damon stopped and sniffed the air. “They are close I can smell more wolves, be on your guard”. His words made me stop walking and made my fur stand up on end.

We walked through the forest using a stalking pose, making as little noise as we could.

Then we heard the sound of laughter and could smell a burning fire. Then in a small clearing we saw about 5 male wolves sitting around a little camp fire. We crouched down behind some bushes so they did not notice us.

I could feel the heat from the fire and it was warming them up because they weren’t in their wolf form. It helped to have a fur when it’s cold outside. We could only just hear what they were saying and they were making so much noise that they wouldn’t even have known we were there until we would pounce on them.

“Do you think that the Alpha will come back?” one of them said. “The Alpha didn’t tell us where he was going for a good reason” another said with a serious voice. “Cole I know he did it for a good reason I just want to know what he is doing” one of them said.