truth

truth

Pathetic fallacy.

One of the many literary terms I had studied in English class. It was a word used when human emotion reflects the weather or any other type of aspect in nature. When the main character in a book was sad, it was raining. When the main character was happy, it was all bright and sunny.

However, on the day I died, it was not a gloomy and dreadful morning. The sun was rising, and the birds were chirping. If you listened closely, you might of heard church bells ringing or children playing in the park. The city was alive, buzzing with energy.

At exactly two o' clock, an employee from a coffee shop in the city would take out the trash. When he wandered into the dark alley towards the dumpster, he was greeted with the most repugnant smell ever, and it was not the trash. He would open cautiously open up the dumpster lid, and discover two dead boys lying there.

The police would automatically respond to the frantic nine-one-one call. The two boys found in the dumpster would be later discovered as Matt Dyer and Drew Esmond. They had been shot, a bullet right through their forehead, and a star embedded in the cold skin their.

They had been shot point blank-execution style, then dumped into the garbage to rot.

An investigation had begun to unfold. Police had pull people into interrogation, bombarding them with questions. They eventually came to the conclusion that the two boys weren't the only victims. Teenagers ,from the party that the two boys had allegedly attended before their murder, told the officers that the two boys had taken two other girls on a joy ride. They never came back.

There was only one thing left to do. Find the missing Ferrari, and that would lead to the suspects and two girls. Hopefully, they would locate the location of the girls before any harm came to them. Little did they know, that our time had already run out. 

They would eventually find our murderers and rapists. It wasn't that hard. They knew what the Ferrari looked like, and the license plate number. The four would be cruising down the highway, and somebody would hear the reports, and recognize the car. They would throw them in jail, but it didn't matter.

The job had been done. 

The police found Aiden's body first. She had been beaten. Her pretty little face was gone, and now marred with bruises and swelling. You wouldn't even recognize her. Her blonde hair had been mostly yanked out, and what was left was stained with blood. The beating wasn't what killed her. Colby thought it would be better to finish her off in water. He had drowned her in the abandoned motel pool. The murky water was now longer brown, but red. 

Lastly, they would find my body, lying deceased on the bed, my throat slit and blood staining the sheets. 

Why am I telling you this? After all, we were just stupid kids - a nerd, a jerk, a golden boy, and a girl desperate for attention. We would be mourned, but eventually we would drift into the back of people's mind. The news reporters would find a different story to cover, our friends would find consolation in others, and our parent's would have more children. 

I am telling you this because this could be you. 

Don't you dare scoff, and pass this off, thinking that something so horrendous couldn't happen to you. I was an average teenage girl, but I told one white lie. I'm sure you've told a white lie. That white lie just may cost you your life one day because nothing ever good happens after twelve o' clock. 

As my my told me, you might not ever say no to drugs, or realize when you had to much to drink. You might not know that your first time with a boy  that you think loves you, you may become a teenage mom, or that the minute you wrap your lips around a cigarette, you'll be hooked for life. 

I just pray to God you have a watch on you. 

tick, tock, tick, tock...

*

This story was based on a true one. However, I will not tell you the full story here. You can PM me , and I will tell you the full story there. I will tell you that I was not apart of this, but someone i know was. In health class, my teacher invited a cop to talk to us, and that cop was assigned to this case. I cried when I heard it. I did. The only thing I wish for is that you learn from this story, and share it with someone else. It just may save their life.

- sarah

p.s- this is unedited