Scooter

*PLEASE READ THE END OF THE CHAPTER NOTE. IF YOU DONT, YOULL PROBABLY BE CONFUSED AS HELL. 😘**

Justin's Pov

Mom left an hour ago, and I've tried to talk with Peyton and try to figure out this whole thing like mom said before she left.

"So your moms in a girls home?" I ask, in a concerned voice. It came out a little more concerned, than it should have.

Peyton nods.

"Do you know why?" I ask.

"Well, she been acting kind of sad and down lately. I don't know why." She says looking down.

"So she sent you here?" I say.

She gives me a fake smile. "Uh huh." She nods slowly.

"Why do I feel like you're not telling the truth." I say in a warningly voice.

"I don't know." She says mocking my tone.

I was about to say something else, until door bell rings. I dry my sweaty hands. It's scooter.

"Okay, okay. Stay cool." I mumble to myself , as I stand up.

"Who's that?" Peyton asks.

"Umm, somebody. But don't worry. You'll meet him." I say looking back at her as I walk to the door.

She nods and I nod back. I open the door to reveal a calm scooter .

'Not for long' I think to myself.

"Not for long until what?" I hear scooter say.

"Oh, you heard that?"

"Yeah, I heard it. Now answer me. Not long until what?"

"Until you get mad." I mumble.

"W..why would I get mad." He says.

"Just come in." I sigh opening the door wider.

He comes in and spots Peyton sitting. He looks at me with an 'who is she' face.

"Someone just greet her first." I mumble not wanting to go any further.

He nods and looks at Peyton. "Hey there kiddo, what your name?"

"My names Peyton, but people just call me P.

I don't know about Peyton. It just sounds to girly." She says.

I can cross shopping and playing with dolls off the list. Seeming she's not a girly girl.

"Hi. Well I'm Scooter." He smiles back.

"No, thanks. I prefer skateboards." She says innocently.

I snicker, quickly covering my mouth. Scooter gives me a small glare, but smiles again once he looks back at Peyton.

"No, I meant my name is Scooter."

Her face glows as she stands up and walks up to him. "That's so cool. I wish my name Scooter. How many scooters do you have?"

"A bunch." He forces out.

I had to resist not to laugh. This was just getting to good.

"Funny kid." He smiles looking at me. "Who's child is this?"

My heart stops once he said that.

"Mine." I mutter.

Scooter almost chocked on his own spit. "Excuse me?"

"Can we talk about this some else." I say pointing to Peyton.

He nods understanding. We both walk into the kitchen. Peyton. just shrugs and sits on the chair, she was previously sitting on.