Chapter Nine

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTICE: When Solitary Heart reaches 1000 reads, I will post a prologue to the Intimate Stranger sequel. The fan who gets me the most votes on Solitary Heart will win a dedication and ROLE in the Intimate Stranger sequel. Get to it, fans! I know you're dedicated <3

Chapter Nine

The girl's high voice shouted, “Graham,” both of us turned our heads suddenly and gaped at her like deer's caught in the headlights, “What are you doing with her?” Meghan barked.

Graham shot up off the couch and I didn't know what to do so I just sat there. “Um...hi,” he greeted, “Sweetie?” He grimaced, not sure if he would get in trouble for calling her that. Most likely.

She stepped forward, a piercing glare on her face, “Hello Graham,” she responded. “Answer the question.”

I stood up, feeling a pool of sweat building up on my forehead. Oh God, I'm in shit.

“Question..?” he breathed, zoning out for a moment.

She frowned even more, “Yes.” Then repeated, “What are you doing with her?”

"Oh, err... well, we were um, just, you know, hanging out,” he answered, digging himself into an even deeper hole.

“How do you even know her? And why is she in a bathing suit?”

Graham and I exchanged glances. I was so caught up in the middle. I shouldn't even be here. “I went swimming,” I told her nonchalantly.

"You aren't even wet," she noted.

"I went… air swimming?" I shrugged my shoulders, unsure of what to tell her.

She rolled her eyes at me then turned to Graham, “Did you leave me at the beach by myself to be with her?”

“Of course not,” he lied, “Mia was just upset and I was trying to make her feel better.”

Meghan raised her brow, “What was she upset about? Crying because she's so pore?” She smirked like she had just slapped me in the face.

I stepped forward threateningly with my fist in the air, ready to sock her one. Graham grabbed me, stopping me. She just laughed. Crossing her arms, she said with finality, “I've had enough of his,” she pointed to Graham, “You. Leave. Little miss Mia and I need to have some girl time,” she sneered.

“But, babe--” Graham started, she sliced her finger over her throat in a murderous gesture. He got the picture. Sulking out of the room, Meghan then turned to me and pointed her pointy witch finger at me, ordering, “Sit.”

I mimicked her, crossing my arms and giving her a “you can't tell me what to do” look.

“I prefer to stand, thank you,” I responded, feigning politeness.

"That wasn't a request," she said.

"I know."

She stepped closer to me and stood right in my face. "I thought I told you to stay away from him.”

"I believe you did, yes."

"Then why did I find the two of you snuggling up together?" She questioned

"You told me I had to stay away from him. You didn't tellhim to stay away from me," I smirked. It was my turn to metaphorically slap her. If she didn't leave me alone soon it wouldn't be a figurative slap.

She sighed, exasperatedly, throwing her hands up in the air. "That’s not the point!"
“Then what is the point, Megs?”

She glared, “The point is, some very bad things will be coming your way if you don't stay away from him. You can be sure that I'll see to it.”