Chapter Thirty

A/N: so this is dedicated to kitttycat14 for always commenting and making me smile :) thank you. Also if you're looking for a good book to read  suggest Falling For My Lifesaver by XDreamWithMeX its only just begun but I like it :) peace out.

---------

Lexi's POV;

I woke up and my body was sore all over. I opened my eyes and stared around the room, growling as I noticed them in the corner.

"Traitor" I managed to wheeze out, my ribs and lungs protesting in pain.

"I'm no traitor. You weren't supposed to come here. I could have been Ryan's mate not you, he doesn't need you. You're weak and pathetic. I mean look at you!"

The words sliced through me like a knife. How could this be? This wasn't supposed to happen. Moving to sit up I cried out in pain.

"I wouldn't move if I were you, by the way you might want to check your surroundings"

Glancing down I frowned as I saw I was bolted down to a small metal table. We were out of my room now, I didn't know where. There was a window, maybe I was in dads room.

"Where's my dad?" I whispered hoarsely. I really needed a drink, my throat was dry so it hurt to talk.

"He's getting the wolves ready to attack-"

"Who?"

"Ryan's pack. He's going to kill them all and take over the pack. But I don't see how that will work out. Like the rogues will listen to him, they're out for blood. Don't worry Ryan won't get hurt, I told John to leave him alone."

"Why? Why are you doing this? You have a mate out there, someone who will love you like Ryan loves me-"

"HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU! Stop lying! He loves me...I know he does. We're meant to be together, Alpha and Luna together. But then you came. You stupid girl!"

I cried out in pain as she slapped me, my head turning to the side as I felt it swell and bruise. I didn't understand. I hadn't done nothing to hurt her, in fact I thought we were friends! Why would she do this? How could she? She was letting my dad hurt me and a whole bunch of innocent people so she could be Luna.

'Mine' I heard my wolf faintly in the back of my head, only just. It was if she wasn't there.

'What's wrong?'

'Silver' she whispered before disappearing.

"What's silver?" I asked as I watched her take a seat, glaring at me as she did.

"Something that stops wolves from shifting. You won't be able to shift as your wolf is being kinda repelled by it. I mean... I could hurt you all I want and you couldn't do anything"

I flinched as she trailed a finger up my arm, her nails digging into my skin.

Tears poured from my eyes as I heard a loud howl, followed by another chorus of howls. He was coming. Ryan was going to get me.

"Y-You won't get away with this. He will get you. And he will make sure you are locked away somewhere safe. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're supposed to be his best friend Holly." I whispered, my body feeling tired and my head spinning.

"I am his best friend! And I will be his Luna! He was close to giving up, I nearly persuaded him to mate with me. But then you showed up! You stupid cow you stole him from me."

A scream ripped from my lips as she jabbed something sharp into my stomach. Glancing down I felt woozy from the blood. I continued to stare at it even when the door slammed open.

"Holly what have you done?! You stupid girl. Go get me the medical supplies. They've arrived. Let's get this plan into motion"

"Daddy?"

He stared down at me, his face softened as he looked down at the wound. Was he going to be nice again?

"Here"

I felt like crying, as soon as Holly said that his face turned to glare at me as he roughly began to clean up my wound. Not caring that he was causing me more pain. I cried out softly as he tugged me up roughly, my ribs painfully stabbing into my body as he dragged me over to the corner, strapping my arms and legs down in a metal chair.

Holly was now standing against the wall just glaring at me. I didn't understand I thought we were friends. I flinched as I heard loud growls outside. They were fighting. People were going to get hurt and I couldn't stop it.

"Please just stop this. Dad please don't hurt them. They don't deserve it" I choked out trying not to sob from the pain and the fact that innocent people would be hurt.

"Shut up! I will do what I want. This is all your fault! Every last thing is your fault. Your the reason Daisy died, you're the reason innocent people will die. Everything is your fault Lexi. Don't you ever forget that!" he hissed in my ears and I couldn't help the tears that escaped.

Why couldn't he love me? Why couldn't he be the nice dad he was before mum died? I didn't mean for her to die, it was an accident.

Before I could reply a bang next door followed by loud growls broke through the air. My eyes travelled from the door to my dad who was now pulling things out of a black bag. My eyes stared in confusion as he pulled out a couple of knives, some needles and little liquid bottles.

I flinched back into the chair as he picked up a knife walking closer to me. The knife was placed next to my neck, just next to the mark but he didn't press it against my skin. Instead just looked at the door.

"Dad? W-What are you d-doing?" I stuttered scared. Before I welcomed death but now I had Ryan and I needed him. I wanted him to be here and tell me everything was going to be okay.

"Waiting. Any minute now your 'mate' will walk through the door. And when he does he will do everything I say if he wants to keep his precious mate alive" he sneered next to me.

A small growl escaped my lips as he insulted Ryan. How dare he? Ryan was a great, nice perfect guy who liked me. Unlike dad, who hated me.

"Don't growl at me you filthy mutt. You should be grateful that I haven't hurt you even more. But I will soon. I'll make you feel the pain my mate felt when you killed her!"

I cried out as he slapped me, my head pounding as it fell to the side. Why was this happening? Ryan's dad loved him why couldn't mine? Was I that horrible to love? I told dad over and over it was an accident, I didn't mean for mum to die. She wasn't supposed to die. She was supposed to be my mum, she was meant to protect me from the scary monsters in my closet, she was meant to protect me from dad. But she didn't, because she was dead!

She was dead! Hiding away in heaven from me, just watching as dad hurt me. Why wasn't she protecting me now? Why wasn't she stopping him? Why didn't she tell him it was an accident? She was my mum. She was supposed to love me but yet she couldn't...because I killed her!

I flinched as the door burst open, a large black wolf followed by two brown wolves and a kind of yellow sandy one entered the room. The black one shifted and I closed my eyes as I realised Ryan was naked.

"Get your hands off my mate!"

Peeking through one eye I was happy to see he had shorts and a shirt on. His eyes landed on me and I couldn't help but smile, he was going to rescue me. But he shouldn't have to. If I had never run into the forest this wouldn't have happened. Well not yet maybe.

"Uh uh uh. No can do Ryan. See either way you and your 'mate' will die and I will take over your pack"

"Over my dead body" Ryan growled and I saw his hands fisted at his sides.

"That can be arranged" my dad sneered at him as he bought the knife closer to my neck.

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion as Ryan stepped forward. Suddenly an excruciating pain erupted over my body as dad pressed the knife onto my skin. I watched through blurry eyes as Ryan stopped but the pain didn't.

I thrashed around but this seemed to make it worse. It was as if my body was on fire, the pain was too much.

"STOP! Please" I faintly heard Ryan shout over the drowns of my screams.

I sobbed as the knife was removed from me, the pain still fresh in my mind and body. I flinched away from dad as he went to stroke my hair behind my ear, why would he do that to me? I was his daughter?

"Daddy why?" my voice came out as a whisper as tears leaked down my cheeks.

"Why?" he snarled as he latched onto my hair, dragging me so I was closer to him.

"Because you killed my mate you ungrateful brat!"

I flinched as more tears leaked from my eyes, Ryan's growls were louder than ever but he didn't make a move incase dad hurt me again.

"I didn't mean to daddy. It was an accident I'm sorry!" I sobbed as I tried to pull my head away from him, ignoring the pain.

"Does Ryan know what you did? Should I tell him how you killed your own mother?"

I shook my head side to side, "daddy no. Please it was an accident"

He just sneered at me as more tears dripped from my eyes. I looked up at Ryan to see his eyes switching back and forth between blue and black. His eyes landed on me and his expression softened, that was when dad decided to speak.

"Lexi being the brat she was decided she wanted to go to the park that day, but Daisy was ill." his face softened as he talked about mum.

Tears rushed down my cheeks and I choked back a sob as I remembered that day.

Flashback:

"mummy! Mummy!" my six year old self yelled as I ran up the stairs and towards mummy's room.

Bursting through the door I frowned as I saw mummy laying in bed, dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

"Mummy! What's wong?" I whispered as I ran over to the bed, crawling up and laying my head on her legs. I nuzzled into her leg as she stroked my hair, sucking on my thumb.

"Mummy's not feeling well baby, just a little bug. Nothing for you to worry about"

"Can we go pawk mummy? You said so yestewday, maybe the sunshine will make you better. Please mummy, please can we go pawk?" my bottom lip was jutted out and I was pulling the puppy dog look on her.

I grinned as mum smiled at me nodding her head. My arms latched around her body as I threw myself at her

"I love you mummy"

"I love you too baby. Why don't you go get changed?"

Nodding my head I kissed her cheek before skipping out of the room, smiling as dad walked past me. I picked out a purple t-shirt with a puppy on it and a blue jean skirt with white tights and quickly changed. I then put my brown booties on and ran out of the room.

I stopped outside mummy's door as I heard dad talking

"honey are you sure you're up for this? Remember what Jack said on Monday. I'm sure Lexi will stay home and make cookies with you"

"Honey I'll be fine." I heard mummy reply.

Why didn't daddy want me to go to the pawk? I had been a good girl all week, I even helped mummy with the washing up. I put the plastic cups back in the cupboard.

Poking my head through the door I scrunched my nose as I saw mummy kissing daddy. Running into the room I jumped on daddy's back, only to fall off and land on my bum. He spun around scooping me into his arms as I giggled.

"Daddy are you coming to the pawk with me and mummy?" I asked as I grinned a toothy smile at him.

"Sorry princess, daddy has to go to work. But when I come home I'll take you and mummy out to get ice cream"

"With spwinkles?"

"With sprinkles" I squirmed in his arms as he kissed my head, when he placed me on the floor I ran over to mummy and began to tug her hand.

"Quick mummy. If we go pawk now then we come home and we get ice cream"

Mummy just laughed along with dad as I tried to pull her out of the bed. I stopped pulling her as she coughed. I kissed her head and ran to get her shoes. After she got dressed daddy kissed us goodbye before going to work.

We were walking through the park with my pink bouncy ball when I heard the ice cream man behind us.

"What ice cream will you get mummy? I want chocolate and spwinkles" I paused and grinned up at mummy.

She gave me a tired smile as she took my hand, walking us towards the field she then replied

"I think I'm going to have strawberry and some strawberry sauce"

Nodding my head I ran ahead and kicked the ball to mummy. My legs were short so the ball didn't get far, mum ended up creeping closer do she could catch the ball. I was kicking the ball when a big gust of wind blew it into the trees, making my hair ruffle and become messy.

"Stay there baby I'll get it"

Nodding my head at her I watched as she went in the trees to get my bouncy ball. She bought it for me for my birthday. After waiting a few minutes I sat on the floor waiting for mummy to come back.

I was playing with a daisy when I heard a scream. Jumping to my feet I ran towards the trees.

"Mummy? Mummy you can come out now" I called as I walked through the trees. I couldn't find mummy though.

I gripped the bottom of my t-shirt as I stepped over the twigs and looked for mummy. I screamed as I turned a corner, mummy was lying on the floor with red all over her. Maybe she ate a bad berry and spilt it over her. Running forward I dropped on my knees shaking her

"Mummy it's ok I'm hewe. We'll go home and get you changed so when daddy comes home we can get ice cream"

I whimpered as she didn't say anything. I let my eyes travel down her body, there was a big whole in her t-shirt where all the red juice was coming from. I shook her again

"Mummy it's okay. We don't have to play ball. I'm sowwy mummy, look I'll be a good giwl. I'll get changed for bed by myself. Like a big giwl"

I don't know how long I stayed like that just talking to her. Telling her I would be good and behave. I cried as she continued to ignore me, just staring up as her top became more red. I was confused because she wasn't eating berries anymore.

I laid my head down on her chest, crying as I tried to wake her up. It was dark now and mummy was still ignoring me. I didn't know what to do. I cried as I heard a noise.

"Daisy! Lexi! Where are you?"

Daddy. Sitting up I croaked out his name but I was too quiet. My throat hurt from talking to mummy.

"Daddy! Daddy!" I cried as I shook mummy.

"Mummy daddy's hewe. Daddy came fow us. Mummy get up. Mummy!" I cried as I shook her body.

I was crying when daddy came around the corner.

"DAISY!" I jumped back as he came running towards mummy. Dropping to his knees he picked her up and cuddled as he told her to get up.

"Daddy? Mummy's ignoring me. I'm sowwy daddy." I whispered as I tapped his shoulder.

He glared at me and pushed me away, just sitting on the floor cuddling mummy. I never did get my pink ball back.

End of flashback:

"I didn't mean to!" I screamed as tears ran down my cheeks, I was too ashamed to look at Ryan. He would blame me like dad did.

"Yes you did you brat! You're the reason my DAISY is dead and not you!" he snarled at me.

I flinched as I saw his face changing and his eyes were black. A scream ripped from my lips as he plunged the knife into my stomach.

It felt like every inch of my body was on fire. My screams didn't express nearly enough of the pain I was feeling right now. I wanted to die! I couldn't take this.

I felt my eyes closing, exhausted from the pain that was overtaking my body. Looking up at Ryan I was shocked to see he wasn't there anymore. He left me. He blamed me just like dad did. And I fell into the darkness with that thought implanted in my mind.

----------

Updated 21st July 2012... hello hehe cliffy :P hopefully this is long enough as I don't know when I'll next upload. Thank you all for the votes and comments they really do make my day :) anyways enjoy