Chapter 1

The beep of my alarm clock blared through my groggy mind. Ah god time to get up. I hate my waking hours and you'll see why.

"GET UP YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT" My mother shouted. Yep you heard me. That was my MOTHER  not step mother my real birth mother.

"Coming," I shouted. And I trudged down the stairs. I had to make my family breakfast. Being were wolves they ate A LOT.

As I got down my 'mother' tossed me a recipe, "Get cooking its your sisters birthday and she wants muffins for breakfast."

I cook and do chores for my family. I'm not their daughter I'm their maid and servant. Also I'm their punching bag.

I guess its because I can't even show a candle against my sister. She has long wavy golden hair with  glowing green eyes. Her curves are to die for and she's smart and witty. Me? I'm not much to look at. It looks like all the beauty and wits were saved for the second child. My hair is straight and a bleached blond, like all the color was drained. My eyes are a pale blue almost gray. My curves are next to none. and I am smart but not a genius like her. Don't get me wrong I don't resent or hate her its just that I wish I could be like her. Tiffany Winter is her name and making her sister Leah Winter (me) look like a fool is her game.

I pulled the muffins out of the oven, no wonder my parents treat me like trash when have her. She's already made her first  shift when she turned 7 me? I'm 15 and still haven't shifted. When my parents had her I went from loved to ignored to unwanted.

I pulled the muffins out of the oven and set everything up. Then I went out for a walk. I come from a family  of alphas when my father had to take over another pack because other alpha was a tyrant.

Then he took that alpha's son Jacob under his wing and is making him alpha after him. Of course Jacob forced my out of my room to live in the attic and he was a stuck up jerk.

Jacob is the outsider but the pack and my family treat him better than me. I kicked a rock.

Suddenly I heard a snarling. I ran in that direction and saw Tiffany cornered by some other wolf. Tiffany isn't much of a fighter. So its usually up to me to save her butt.

I threw a rock at the wolf's head. He had matted fur and a mad glint in his eyes, probably a rogue. He snarled and stalked towards me while Tiffany curled up in a ball. That's it. I growled and shifted for the first time. I threw myself at the wolf. I bit and scratched him redirecting all my aggression that was caused by my parents at him. As soon as the opportunity arouse he ran for his life. I chased him to the boundaries and went back for Tiffany. I shifted back and carried her shuddering form back to the house.

Of course when I got back my parents didn't so much bat an eyelid at my and rushed straight to Tiffany. Then I saw Jacob. My wolf seemed to have a funny reaction. I was new to this whole wolf buisness but I could tell she was telling me that Jacob was my mate. Your mate is your other half your true soul mate but to be rejected by one could kill you. I for one expected to be rejected. What am I compared to everyone else?

Jacob grabbed my arm and pulled me to hallway. 'I know you just shifted and to start congrats. But in no dimension am I ever going to be your mate ever. I rerject you."

I felt my wolf howl in sorrow but I saw it comming and just nodded. Then I walked out the door and never looked back.