FIFTEEN

Fifteen | noises in the night

I couldn't sleep after the excitement of the party. Sure, I was tired. I had been all day but after tossing around in bed for more than two hours, I figured sleep was not coming any time soon. So, I slipped out into the dark hallways of the Avengers tower and started walking and had been walking for almost half an hour now.

I really should be in bed at the time but I simply didn't feel like turning around and heading back to my dark room to just lie in bed and stare at the cieling until the sun came up, so, I kept walking.

At least I did keep walking until I heard a sound.

The sound - whatever it was - made me stop and look around, waiting for another sound to follow it. Sure enough, one did. A groan came from the same way as the sound before, prompting me to follow whoever was making noise at this hour.

It was probably Tony who was up so late, testing one of his little inventions and messing it up somehow and then getting annoyed about it. I wouldn't really be surprised if I came across him in his lab. But the direction that the sounds were coming from was nowhere near his lab or even his room. They weren't coming from too far away either.

I rounded the corner to the hallway which I recognized as the one that led to Miles' room. I didn't have to keep looking for the source of the sound for too long because I found Miles curled up on the ground near his bedroom door with his hands clutching his head and a pained look on his face.

I quickly kneeled down next to him and gently touched his hand to let him know I was there. He looked up a few seconds later, slowly removing his hands from his head.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

But he didn't answer. Instead, he just stared at me with a blank expression on his face with not even a little look of recognition in his eyes as he looked at me.

"Miles?" I said slowly as he sat in front of me quietly.

And then he snapped out of it. He shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut before opening them and glanced around him in confusion.

"What... What happened?" He asked, rubbing his forehead.

"I was going to ask you the same thing." I answered. "Are you alright."

He nodded and glanced around him again before looking back at me. "Yeah, I'm good."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't think you are."

"It's just a headache," he shrugged. "It happens."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," he answered with another nod. "Working undercover at HYDRA wasn't really a walk on the beach, you know."

"Oh."

"Hey, I'm fine!" He said, laughing a little at the concerned look on my face. "Or I will be after I get some sleep."

I nodded, a smile slowly appearing on my face. "But you should get that head of yours checked out by Dr. Cho before she leaves tomorrow, ok?"

"Ok," Miles said. "You're the boss. And the boss should get some sleep now."

"Ok," I laughed as he practically shooed me from the hallway and towards my room but I couldn't help but feel like he was hiding something from me.

Steve left the next morning, not giving us even a tiny bit of information on where he was headed or why, only saying that he had to go which didn't give us anything to work on, really.

Miles did what I asked the previous night and went to see Dr. Cho before she left that day and Dr. Cho declared that he was fine except that he had a mild concussion which was why he had a bad headache and everything.

So, since Miles and I were pretty much banned from doing anything that could get us too tired, we both sat on the floor in the training room, watching as the twins practiced using their powers.  Wanda was the first one to take a break and came to sit with us soon followed by Pietro.

"You have powers, right?" Wanda asked Miles curiously.

"Yup," Miles nodded.

"What are they?" She asked. "I have never seen you use them."

"Teleporting," Miles said with a proud smile. "But I can't do that right now. It makes me very dizzy these days."

"So, you're an enhanced like us?" Pietro asked.

"No," Miles shook his head. "I'm an inhuman."

And that lead to a huge explanation on what exactly an inhuman was and the difference between and inhuman and an enhanced which proceeded to become a debate about who would be faster: Pietro or Miles. By the time the debate was halfway though, both Wanda and I had detached ourselves from the conversation and escaped before the boys could rope us into the debate with them.

✳✳✳

I actually had this chapter completely written but Wattpad decided it would be fun to delete the whole thing. So thank you, wattpad, for deleting my hard work again.

But let's just out the negative sarcasm aside (for now) and focus on the story. What did you guys think? Did you like this chapter?

There's only going to be a few more chapters left in this story. Yes, it's going to be pretty short and I have no idea how to make it longer. But Clarke's.story is going to come to an end soon. But you guys should know that all my.stories are going to be connected. I have another book up 'war of hearts' it's a Steve Rogers book (go check it out maybe?) Clarke is going to make a little appearance in that book. I also have another book planned for Wanda which will most definitely have Clarke in it. I have quiet a few books planned (even a Peter Parker one) and it's safe to say that they will all be connected and oc's from other books will make appearances in others books as well. I just wanted all of them to be connected.

Thank you for reading! Please do give a vote or comment to let me know what you think!