SEVEN

Seven | Wanda

Wanda woke to a loud crash followed by a series of curse words and a lot of shushing.

She blinked several times, adjusting her eyes to the bright light before pulling herself into a sitting position. She cast her eyes around to see that she was in her own room. She found that a little comforting.

What she didn't find comforting however, was the fact that her brother was not sitting in a chair next to her bed waiting for her to wake up.

"She's up!" Someone shouted, unmistakably Tony who was shushed almost immediately by the woman standing next to him whom she recognized as Dr. Cho.

He rolled his eyes and bent down to pick up a bunch of things scattered on the ground at his feet. That must have been what caused the crash.

"I still can't see why you had to bring that here," Dr. Cho said as she walked over to Wanda's bed and fluffed up the pillow behind her so she was more comfortable. "You should call the others. Let them know she's awake."

Once Tony gathered all the things at his feet, he left the room, presumably to do what he had been asked.

"Where... Where is Pietro?" Wanda asked, almost afraid of the answer. She knew she was being insensitive by not asking about Clarke's whereabouts, but right now, Pietro was her biggest concern.

Dr. Cho hadn't even said a word when the door opened and Steve walked into the room. But she didn't really have to say anything. The look on her face gave it all away. Though she tried to keep them at bay, her eyes welled up with tears. Steve was quick to step forward and asked Dr. Cho if he could talk to Wanda alone. Once she left the room, he took a seat in the chair beside her bed and placed his hand on hers.

"What happened?" She asked.

"When we got there, Pietro and Clarke were already gone," he explained gently. "Whoever took them were careful. Didn't leave any trace. We've been trying to find them ever since," he explained. "We'll find them. We already have something to work on. Do you want to see?"

Wanda nodded immediately, swinging her legs off the bed. A wave of dizziness came over her for a second but she shook it off, ready to go.

They walked down the hall and into a room she recognized as one of the labs Tony and Bruce used to work at. There was a code displayed on the screen and almost everyone was staring at it, completely dumbfounded.

Tony was walking back and for across the length of the room muttering things under his breath that she couldn't understand. Natasha sat on a chair, staring at the screen like she was trying to remember something. Rhodey was sitting in an arm chair, a laptop open in front of him.

Natasha suddenly got up, pushing the chair back. "I'm calling Clint. I don't want to be the one on the receiving end when he finds out Clarke's missing from somewhere else."

It was quiet in the room except for Tony's pacing, until Rhodey slammed the laptop shut and stood. "I have no idea where this code came from," he announced, throwing his hands up in frustration before letting them fall back against his legs. "Even the world's best hacker can't solve this."

"Natasha will be happy to hear that," Tony mumbled sarcastically.

Rhodey ignored him. "How do we even know Clarke sent this?" He said, pointing to he screen. "HYDRA could have sent his to distract us while they killed those two for all we know."

Wanda flinched at the words and Drew her arms around her tightly. Rhodey noticed her action and turned to her with a sorry look on his face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that," he mumbled, running a hand through his think cut hair, obviously tired of the dilemma they were stuck in. "All I'm saying is that this might not even be her."

"It's her!" Natasha called, walking into the room and straight towards the holo-table.

"Well, that was good timing," Tony mumbled, moving out of her way.

She pulled up the code on the table and started moving it around. She zoomed it out and they all stared at a large building, a lot like one of the HYDRA bases, made out of ones and zeros.

Tony let out a whistle and Steve and Wanda stepped a little closer to see it better.

"We still don't know whether it was Clarke who sent it," Rhodey said. "We can't just fly over there without being sure. This could be a trap."

"It's Clarke," Natasha said, turning to address all of them. "I only taught two people how to send a code like this and one of them is dead."

"I'll get the jet ready," Tony said, dripping the stuff he was carrying before running out of the room.

Everyone except Rhodey followed. "It's really cool, isn't it?" He asked, watching Wanda stare at it.

She nodded and Rhodey stepped towards her, clapping a hand on her back. "Your brothers a bit too fast for those idiots who decided to take them," he said as if he sensed her thoughts. "And I really feel bad for the person who tries to tell Clarke what to do."

A small laugh escaped her lips and the two of them walked out of the room together.

✳✳✳

This is so late and I'm sorry for that! I've been busy with assignments and classes so I haven't had time to write or edit. But here's new chapter! It's in Wanda's pov since you guys need to know what's going on.

Do you think Clarke is the one who sent the message? If not, who do you think it is? Do you think it's a trap? You'll (probably) find out in the next chapter but I would love to hear your theories.

Thanks for reading! Please consider voting or commenting if you enjoyed the chapter!!!