Thirty-Nine

Eli's POV

I laid on the couch with Molly on my chest as she slept. Catie was trying to take a nap because she was so exhausted, but then Molly had to be nursed and then she got fussy because she could tell that Catie was upset. But eventually I got my daughter to fall asleep, but then Olivia got home, and she needed to talk.

"Eli, can you talk?" She whispered, as she sat her purse down by the table.

"Yeah, I just need to put Molly in her crib." I spoke, and she nodded.

I left Olivia in the living room and then I took care of my daughter before going back downstairs. Olivia wasn't in the living room anymore, but she was in kitchen making tea per usual.

"So, where'd you go? I was kinda think you would want to crash like the twins and Cat did." I spoke, as I went and got a few mugs out for the tea.

"I went to see David." She replied, and I stopped and turned around to look at her.

"Uh, okay. What happened?" I questioned.

"I told him that I'd help clean up this mess a bit, if he tried to put some effort towards our kids. If he tried to make his kids apart of both of his lives. The one he has here with the girls, and the one he has in Manhattan with Leah and Camden." She replied, and I nodded slowly.

"How are you going to clean up the mess? All of your daughters hate David with a burning passion. I'm pretty sure you probably hate him too."

"Oh, Eli. I hate him more than I hate your father for what he did."

"But in that case, you don't hate my father anymore." I added, and she nodded. She leaned against the counter and sighed.

"I'll try anything. I just want Mason and Maggie to have  a Dad."

"If there is anyway I can help, just tell me." I spoke, and she grinned.

"Thanks."

///

Elliot's POV

"Hey." I smiled, as I answered a video call from Olivia. We've been talking a lot lately, and it's been nice to have my friend back, even though I am still in love with her.

"Hey, El. Thanks for being awake enough to talk. I'm wired from a lot of coffee and planning." She spoke, as she settled back onto her bed.

"Planning what? Your escape from giving our children free childcare?" I teased, and she laughed but shook her head.

"No, I'm planning on how I can help David make up with my daughters."

"Liv, why would you do that?" I asked, as I ran my hand over my face.

"Because I know how it feels to grow up without a Dad. Clearly I had some Daddy issues when I was younger, because look at who I was sleeping with when we were still partners." She sighed, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"So. Many. Old. Guys." I cringed, and Liv's face lit up as she started to laugh.

We both laughed for awhile, but eventually we stopped and she looked at me.

"Elliot, if you are ever in DC, we should get dinner and drinks. So we can talk face to face, and not over this screen. Now, how can I make it up to my girls?" She asked, as she blushed a bit.

"You could take them out to dinner and talk to them all and say what is gonna happen." I spoke, and she nodded.

"That might work. So I tell them we are just going to have a mother daughters night, and then after we all get calmed down and the tension fades away, I can attack them with my power of cleaning up their father's mess, and then everything can be okay."

"Sounds good, Livvie." I yawned, and she looked down at her keyboard before sighing.

"I haven't heard that in awhile." She spoke, and I shrugged.

"Well, you will always be my Livvie. Just like I'll always have feelings for you." I spoke, and she smiled a bit, before sighing.

"Alright, before I start crying because you are being nice, I'm gonna go. But I expect that we can have a dinner date soon." She spoke, before her face went red. She hung up, and I smiled as I leaned against the back of my bed and grinned.

She's so damn cute.

///

Olivia's POV

I took my daughters out a few days later, and we sat in a fancier restaurant. Catie was focusing on her phone because this was one of the first nights she has been away from Molly and hasn't been able to actually nurse her or put her to bed. The girls were talking and laughing, while I watched.

My daughter's have changed so much. Like of course there are the changes that are obvious. Like how Catie is a mother, and the twins have matured to the point where they just want to hang out with friends or each other. Then like Catie has turned into a even more caring, understanding, and loving person, and the girls are just goofballs all the time. They love playing with Molly and when they get around Eli and they are all joking around, it's really funny.

"So, Molly is down for the night, and I'm not crying yet so it's a good sign." Catie smiled, and I nodded.

"Good, because now I'm ready to talk. So Mag and Mas, can you listen for a few minutes?" I asked, and the girls nodded. Mason reached out and grabbed her cup, before taking a quick drink.

"So, what is this all about, Momma?" Maggie asked, and I sighed.

"So I talked to your father-"

"We aren't living with him. I re-" Mason spat, but I stopped her.

"You aren't going anywhere. We are here to talk about what he's planning on doing."

"What is he planning on doing? Moving down here just to ignore us all?" Catie asked, and I frowned.

"He is going to bring Leah and Camden down for a week, and we all, even myself, are going to get to know them. We need to figure out who to all still be a family even if your father and I aren't married anymore." I spoke, and Catie frowned.

"He can try with the twins, but until he makes a real attempt to come and see me and meet Molly, I'm not seeing him." She spoke, before she blocked herself off from us for the rest of the dinner.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D