Chapter 12

Stiles opens his eyes slowly, "WAH!" He jumps back into Derek waking him.

Scott is holding his stomach laughing, "Morning Stiles."

"Scott what the hell?" Stiles smiles as Derek buries his face in his neck.

"I was just watching you sleep, you love it when Edward watches Bella." Scott says giggling

Stiles growls, "That's sweet and besides he's not right in her face and he's gone by the time she wakes."

Scott grins, "What were you dreaming about? You looked really happy."

Stiles smiles thinking of his dream, "It's personal."

Scott raises a brow, "Derek's asleep you can tell me."

Stiles listens and sure enough Derek breathing is slow and even. Stiles smiles, "It was the future. You and Alison had two little girls, Derek and I had a son. We were having a barbeque get together. Pack and family fun. It was perfect."

Scott smiles bright, "Wow that's awesome Stiles!"

Stiles smiles, "Yeah it was."

Scott looks at Derek's arm around Stiles' waist then he looks at Stiles, "You're happy with him? Like honestly happy?"

Stiles nods, "Yeah I am. Derek is great, he's changed since becoming the alpha. He's nicer, don't tell anyone. He makes me happy, like when mom was alive."

Scott eyes widen, "Wow that's great Stiles!"

Stiles smiles, "Yeah it is. Get down stairs to the kitchen."

"Okay Stiles." Scott leaves the room.

Stiles tries to easily lift Derek's arm off his waist, Derek pulls Stiles closer. "Where are you going?" Derek mumbles sleepily

Stiles smiles, "Downstairs to make breakfast for me and Scott."

Derek kisses the back of Stiles' neck, "Okay baby." He removes his arm from Stiles' waist and passes back out.

Sties smiles and gets out of bed then he walks down stairs. "Get the coffee going Scott." He pulls eggs and some bacon out of fridge.

"I don't know where anything is." Scott says

"Sniff it out." Stiles says in a duh tone.

Scott glares at him, "Fine." Scott starts looking through cabinets.

Stiles starts cooking the bacon and the eggs. "Cabinet above the stove Scott." Stiles says

Scott growls and gets the coffee down then he starts making it up, "How did you know that?"

"I smelled it." Stiles says matter of fact. "Maybe if you embraced your wolf you would learn quicker."

Scott rolls his eyes, "I do embrace my wolf."

"Then why couldn't you smell the coffee?" Sties asks

"Because I wasn't sniffing for it I was looking."

Stiles flips the bacon and egg, "Well why didn't you just sniff for it?"

"Because I don't want to be a wolf Stiles, so I don't use my wolf abilities when I can use my human ones."

Stiles rolls his eyes, "Being a wolf is a gift Scott."

Scott scoffs, "You sound like Derek."

"Well Derek is right. Being a wolf is amazing. I am so much happier and freer."

"That's you Stiles. I was happy being human."

"Liar, you hated having asthma and not being able to play first line."

Scott sighs, "Yeah but now I can't be with Alison, her family hunts us."

"That's true but you'll find a way. Love always does." Stiles puts the eggs and bacon on a plate.

Scott raises a brow, "Your turning into a chic."

Stiles punches Scott in the arm, "I am not!" Stiles puts the plates on the table as Scott rubs his arm.

"Dude that hurt." Scott says still rubbing his arm

Stiles laughs, "It was supposed to. I'll be right back." Stiles leaves the kitchen and heads toward Derek's bed room.

Scott sits down and starts eating, "Dude this is great!"

Stiles chuckles and enters the bedroom. He hops on the bed, "Wake up Derek."

Derek groans, "No Stiles."

Stiles laughs, "Someone isn't a morning person. Come on I made breakfast and Scott made coffee."

Derek cracks an eye open, "Have you tasted the coffee?"

Stiles chuckles, "Scott makes good coffee." Stiles moves to straddle Derek's lap, "Come on let's go down."

Derek grins evilly, "Great choice of words considering where you're sitting."

Stiles blushes and get off him, "Come on naughty wolf let's go eat breakfast."

Derek chuckles, "Okay babe."

Stiles looks at him, "Why do you call me babe?"

"Because I want to and you're my mate." Derek answers as he gets out of bed.

"I know I'm your mate but I figured we could treat this as a boyfriend thing. Go on dates and stuff."

"Of course, do you not like me calling you babe?" Derek looks at him

"No I like it, it's just odd I guess. I'm happy as hell but this is all still mind blowing."

Derek chuckles, "I see, so just Stiles from now on then?"

Stiles shakes his head, "No call me what you want. But let's finish this conversation later. Let's go eat."

Derek smiles and pull Stiles to him, he kisses him softy. Stiles smiles and kisses him back, he wraps his arms around Derek's neck. They keep kissing till breath is necessary. "Let's eat."

Stiles grins, "Okay." He moves toward the door pulling Derek with him.