Chapter 4

Derek turns around to look at him after hearing him sneeze and starts laughing at his scrunched up face. “What is it stiles?” Stiles just looks at Derek and says,

“What on earth are feeling right now? It smells like sage! And sage makes me sneeze.”

Derek just laughs, “That would be mischief stiles.”

Stiles groans and stops walking, he then gets into a silent argument with his wolf. “No Derek did not bring us out here to kill us, He likes us.” “No he’s going to kill us; we have angered him too much.” “WE? What’s this we wolfy? If anyone angered him it’s you with your disobedience and challenging him!” Stiles’ wolf whines, “I didn’t mean to anger him I just want to have fun. Roll around in the grass, run after deer, not learning.” Stiles laughs and Derek turns around to look at him noticing the thoughtful look on his face, he knows he’s talking to his wolf. “I’ll make you a deal wolfy. After I finish learning from Derek, we will roll around in the grass and have fun we can even wrestle with Derek for fun.” “Deal I will shut up until then.” Stiles smiles and then looks up at Derek. “Whatcha looking at Derek?” Stiles asks and Derek shakes his head and says,

“Nothing, but I’m going to have to teach you to talk and walk at the same time. So that way you don’t stop walking in the middle of the street or something.”

Stiles laughs, “Yeah that wouldn’t be very good.” Then the wind blows at stiles again and he frowns.

“What’s wrong Derek?” He asked.

Derek turns to look at him, “What are you talking about?”

Stiles frowns, “Your scent it’s changed and I don’t know what it is but I can tell it’s not good.”

Derek frowns, “You’re a fast learner. It’s nothing I’m just worried your wolf will do you more harm than good.”

Stiles’ wolf growls and stiles shushes him then he looks at Derek, “What do you mean Derek?”

Derek sighs, “Stiles it’s not normal for a wolf to talk to their human so much, and it’s not safe to stop walking and talk to it. What if you’re in the middle of being shot at and your wolf says something, your just gonna stop and converse with it!” Derek says annoyed and worried.

Stiles sniffs the air and he smells chili powder and something else. “Derek I’m touched you care so much, but I don’t know I’m sure my wolf in time will become quieter or maybe he’s talkative because his human is talkative. And what are you feeling? I smell chili powder and something else.” Stiles says,

Derek just looks right into Stiles’ eyes not really looking at stiles but at his wolf and he says, “If you cause him any harm I will punish you!” Then he blinks and looks at stiles. Stiles’ wolfs whines and stiles feels like crawling over to Derek.

Derek smiles at stiles who just frowns and turns to walk away. “Where are you going stiles?” Derek asks.

Stiles turns around and looks Derek in the eye saying, “I don’t know Derek but all this is a bit much for my first day. I just feel like turning and howling out my emotions.”

Derek frowns, “I’m sorry stiles and go ahead its ok. Howl it all out, it helps I do it sometimes.”

Stiles grins at Derek, “I know you do Derek I hear it, but that’s not all I feel like doing. I feel like I have upset you and I feel like I need to make you happy. I or the wolf wants to crawl over to you and grovel at your feet.” Derek frowns he hadn’t meant to upset stiles just his wolf.

Then a voice Derek hasn’t heard in a long while says, “Be gentle, Stiles and his wolf are one in the same for now. Stiles hasn’t learned to separate his feelings from his wolfs. Also Stiles is getting to know his wolf in time they won’t talk so much. We used to talk all the time Derek or have you forgoten.” Derek smiles at his wolf he had missed him recently.

“I understand and no I haven’t forgotten thanks old friend.” Derek thought to his wolf. “Hey stiles I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you I’m not use to this. I thought only born wolves talked to their wolf, because scott never talked to his. But I guess this all kind of makes sense in a way.” Stiles looks at Derek confused, “Well you mentioned how you think you were born to be a wolf, well if that’s true then it makes sense that your talking to your wolf.”

Stiles smiles bright at this new revelation. “Derek if that’s true then that’s freaking awesome.” Derek smiles at stiles.

Then says to his wolf, “But it also means that he was born to be a wolf’s mate. But who?”