chapter one

Mercedes

I was just cleaning my room and listening to black widow by iggy Azalea ft. Rita ora , when my little sister, Lexus , practically ripped my earphones out.

"Mercedes" , she said .

"What?" I asked, wrapping my earphones around my phone.

"Mom said come help set up for dinner.." She said and walked out my doorway. I grunted as I put my cleaning stuff up, and went downstairs to the dining room. I saw she was cooking but she had 5 plates and silverware out.

"Umm mom...why you got 5 plates?" I asked. She turned around , smiling.

"Jonathan and his son is coming over for dinner.." She said, I grunted.

"Moom really? Oh my gosh! " I said , I didn't honestly like her boyfriend Jonathan as you can tell, I never met his son though .

"No buts Mercedes , finish putting those plates out!" She said sternly. I rolled my eyes as she turned around. I put all the plates in front of every chair around the long table.

"I wonder if his son is my age?" Lexus said as she helped putting the glasses out. I shrugged. She was 13 but she was mature and tall. She looked more like moma though. She had shoulder length straight hair, grey eyes, skinny. Kinda the total opposite of me.

"I don't care, I don't want them to come" I said loud enough for my mom could hear.

"Mercedes be quiet and y'all go get cleaned up before they come.." She said. Lexus ran up the stairs as I gradually went up . I got into my bathroom and got in the shower.

After 15 minutes...

I was out , lotion up myself. I put on a white bra and white panties. I put on some skinny blue jeans, a fitting T-shirt, and some white socks. I put on some silver studs. I rubbed my fingers through my really curly hair, making the sides even . I sprayed some light perfume, brushed my teeth again and mouthwash, light natural pink lip balm and went back downstairs and saw Lexus on the couch, dressed, watching tv. I sat beside her and we watched BET just KeKe.

"Why you don't like Jonathan?" Lexus asked, eyes still on the tv.

"He too nice, as if he trying too hard or wanna be my daddy or sum.." I said shrugging.

"Ohh yeah.. He does do that... Not annoying to me though." She said shrugging.

Cutting off our conversation, the doorbell rung.

"Mercedes get the door!!" My mom yelled from the kitchen, I slowly got off the couch and opened the door. I was knocked off guard when a boy bout my age was at the door, I'm guessing he was surprised too. Is this Jonathan son ?

"Hey..sorry I'm late.. Hey princess " Jonathan said coming up from behind him, then speaking to me. I scoffed as I stepped to the side to let them in.

"Hey precious !" He said to Lexus , she stood up and gave him a hug. Then my mom came out the kitchen .

"And hello queen !" He said giving her a kiss on the lips, I made a throwing up gesture quietly which made Lexus laugh and John's son turn around.

"What?" I asked him, he shook his head .

"What's your rude ass name ?" He asked, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Don't curse at me in my house , little boy!" I said.

"Is your name Trina, usually the feisty ones name is Trina .." He said, turning all the way toward me. Lexus was like "owee!"