no. 3 - hinny

• Dedicated to Team Starkid for this song!

[ WHY CAN'T YOU SEE ]
harry x ginny
_____________

why can't you see
what you're doing to me?

_____________

I watch Harry walk to the front of the room. We're in the Room of Requirement, having yet another lesson taught by Harry Potter for Dumbledore's Army.

"Today I'm going to teach all of you the Patronus Charm," Harry said, looking at all of us. "This will be our last lesson before Christmas break."

I hear murmurs of awe running through the students. I stand next to Luna, who has her typical dreamy eyes cast upon Harry's figure. She's not very surprised about Harry teaching the Patronus Charm and neither am I.

I knew he liked Cho. A lot. I recently broke up with Michael and the only person I thought of now was Harry.

Remember, Ginny, you should loosen yourself around Harry, I remind myself again. Hermione had told me this before, but I was just being stubborn.

I watch Harry's green eyes land on Cho as he continues teaching. She's a very pretty girl and probably really strong for still trying to be happy even though Cedric died.

Cho probably likes him back and I know she does. I can tell by the way they look at each other. As much as Hermione tells me not to worry, I can't help but wonder what goes through Harry's mind.

I shake my head and those thoughts dissolve from my tangled brain. Get it together, I tell myself. My right hand holds my wand and I run my left hand through my red hair.

Luna keeps telling me that she feels that Harry likes me, deep down, somewhere. I thank her for her support and that it isn't true, because she's, well, dreamy. And sometimes, dreams don't come true.
Harry gives me signs that get my hopes up high and when he tells me that he likes Cho (that's when we have friendly conversations), he sends my hopes crashing down to the ground like a rogue Bludger.

We split up into groups and cast our Patronuses for practice.

"Expecto Patronum!" I shout, waving my wand in the exact motions Harry had shown. My happy thought is when I thought I was going to die, Harry was the first thing I saw when I woke up on the floor of the Chamber of Secrets.

I stand in awe as a bright white and blue light shoots out from the tip of my wand. It forms into a horse, galloping around the room.

"Fantastic, Ginny!" I hear Harry compliment me.

"Thanks," I say, more to myself. My friends poke me in the arm teasingly.

Stop shying yourself away from him, Ginny.

"Not funny," I say, but I grin at them. They were my friends.

I watch Luna cast her Patronus. Out of her wand forms a bunny, which starts hopping around everywhere. Very much like her.

Hermione's Patronus is a sea otter, while Ron's Patronus is a dog. Harry's is a stag. Everyone knows that.

Soon enough, our 'class' time is over and everyone starts to leave for Christmas break.

"Thanks, Harry," I hear people say.

But Harry isn't paying attention. He's looking at someone. And that someone is Cho Chang. She stands by the mirror while Harry looks at her.

In some ways, I want him to look at me the way he looks at her. But then again, there's no way he would fall in love with his best friend's sister. And Harry's been in love with Cho since his third year. Now is his chance and I would be happy for him if he got Cho.

I see Ron and Hermione leave the room, followed by the few students that are dawdling in the room. Including Fred and George.

My eyes wander towards Harry and Cho's figures and I long to be in the place of Cho.
Then I quickly turn away, leaving the room quickly alone. I will not, and shall not force myself to be sad because of reality. My fantasy is that I will end up with Harry. But that isn't what is real.

I'm a few feet away from the Room of Requirement entrance when I stop and I look back at Harry. The doors are closing and the only two people in there are Harry and Cho.

As the doors close on me, only one phrase comes out of my mouth that only I can hear.

"Why can't you see what you're doing to me?"