Chapter 32 (Clashes)

- Chapter thirty-two -

**LENMANA'S POV**

Clashes

“Hey,” she extents her hand, “I’ve always wanted to meet you in person.”

“Hi.” I shake her hand.

“And you must be Akando!” she walks toward Akando behind me, and I’m ice solid, although there’s a volcano causing violent earthquakes in my head.

“You’re Catori, Quidel’s daughter?” Akando asks.

She clears her throat and takes a step backwards shamefully, “Well, exactly.”

“Let me explain,” Lenno steps forward in her direction and stands in front of her. What has she exactly done to him?

***

Lenno had told us about his escape story, and the four of us are standing still. Maybe they are thinking of a way out of this trouble all of us have caused, especially that Akando had told them the whole story too. I think Akando believes Catori now and trusts her, but I can feel him understanding me. However, I’m not doing any of that thinking thing, all I’m doing is imagining how good she would look if I pulled her hair one by one.

I would actually enjoy that, wouldn’t anyone?

“Lenmana!” Lenno calls loudly.

“Yeah?” I look at him quickly, “What is it?”

“It’s like the tenth time I’m calling your name!”

“I’m sorry, what do you want?”

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing.”

He takes a step closer, creating privacy that wasn’t there since we’ve met, “I’m sorry about the Leader, and I’m really sorry I wasn’t there for you. But I’ll never be an inch away from you from now on.”

“It’s not like you had control over that.” Am I being rude? “It’s okay. Really.” He looks confused and unconvinced but he says nothing anyway.

“We have to go to the town,” says Akando, “We have too much to deal with right now.”

“Yeah.” I say. “I wonder what has Orenda done when she found out I left, and–” Hakan!!! Did I really forget all about him? How can I be that stupid! This whole tribe will go clashing with each other soon, if not now. I’m the worst leader.

“I’m sorry, Leader, but can I have a word with you?” the boats guard who’s given me the boat comes telling me.

“Sure.” I walk toward him.

“Warrior Hakan used to come every morning and night those past couple of days asking about you, and I never told him you took a boat,” he whispers, “but I’m afraid he’d be here at any moment, and I told you to be prepared.”

My chest tightens at the thought of having to deal with him. “I know,” I smile sadly, “thank you.”

“You’re welcome, Leader.”

I go back to them, “Let’s go.” I say. But before we take a single step, Hakan shows up. Akando gets alerted and looks at me–horror is blackening his face.