Chapter 14

Louis' POV

"Hi uncle Si.." I said nervously through the phone. I was going to have to tell him about the baby eventually, and I thought now would be the best time to tell him. "Hello Louis, the boys told me there was something you had to tell me?" he stated calmly back. He seemed in an oddly good mood...maybe this wouldn't be so bad? "Uh...yeah. Yeah, I do have something to tell you..and it has to do with me and Nicole.." I said trying to hold off the news as long as I could. "Oh yes, the boys told me you guys got together, I was wondering when that would happen! Congradulations." he spoke cheerily to me. Did everyone know that Nicole and I had feelings for each other, before we even knew we did? I swear he's like the millionth person that's said they 'were wondering when we were finally gonna be a couple.' I took a deep breath, before I finally built up enough courage to just tell him. "Um..thanks. Simon...Nicole is sort of um...well, she's...she's pregnant." I gulped, and swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. I knew his reaction would be the worst out of anyone's. "My god Lou, are you sure it's yours? This isn't good. This isn't good at all." he snapped at me, I mentally pictured him giving me a dissapointed look. "Yes, I'm positive it's mine. And why is it so bad? If the fans truly care about me and the lads, this shouldn't change anything." I said, a sudden surge of confidence traveling through me. I heard Simon let out an annoyed sigh, did I just win in an arguement with Simon Cowell? "Ugh, I suppose you're right. But, don't screw up again. Do you understand me? One more stunt like this, and you'll be in huge trouble." he snapped in an angry tone. I nodded, then I realized that he couldn't see me through the phone. "I understand Uncle Simon!" I shouted back with enthusiasm. "We're starting to record new songs for you guys' first album in 3 days, will you be back in London by then?" he asked in his naturally serious tone. "Yes I'll be back by then." I spat back at him. "Good. I will see you then. Behave yourself. Goodbye." he said, hanging up on me before I could respond.

I exited my bedroom and made my way into the kitchen. My mum went out to the shops with Lottie, Fizzy, and the twins to pick up some groceries. Nicole was sat at the counter, sipping tea and reading a book. She was gorgeous; she truly was. Her strawberry blonde hair falling into ringlets around her shoulders; her eyes fixed on her book. I noticed she bit her lip in concentration as she read. She wasn't wearing a trace of makeup, and that's truly when she looked her best. I know how massively cheesy that sounded, but I mean it. I just leaned against the doorway, taking in her beauty. I'm lucky enough to say I'm completely and utterly in love with my best friend. She brought her head up, finally breaking her eyes away from the book, and they caught mine. Her cheeks turned a crimson color, "Lou, stop staring at me you weirdo." she said giggling. She had the most adorable laugh I've ever heard, it was contagious too. I let out a giggle, and took a seat next to her. Taking a glance at the book she was so fixated on only moments ago. The title read Pregnancy For Dummies. A small chuckle managed to escape my lips. She quickly caught on to why I was laughing. "What? I'm a first time mother! I need to know what to expect!" she said in defense. "You're adorable." was all I said. Her cheeks turned that crimson color again, and I couldn't help but feel accomplished. I make her blush quite a lot.

"So who were you on the phone with?" she chirped, ripping me away from my thoughts. "Simon...I explained everything to him. You and me..and the baby." I said, replaying me and Simon's conversation in my head. "How'd he take it..?" she questioned, with the slightest bit of nervousness in her voice. "At first, he was angry. But that was to be expected, it is Simon Cowell we're talking about here. But then he calmed himself down, and said it wasn't the worst thing ever. He then continued to tell me if I screw up again that I'll be in huge trouble. And apparently me and the lads are heading into the studio in three days to start reccording our first album." I said, taking a deep breath at the end. I watched Nicole sit there and take in all the information I just told her. She sighed in relief and put an almost invisible smile on her lips. "Well it sounds like he took it a hell of a lot better than I thought he would." she said now showing a full smile. "Yeah, I was expecting there to be much more screaming." I chuckled. I leaned in and kissed her lips gently. She pulled away, leaving me with a frown on my face. "Now the only people we have left to tell are my parents." she said with a weak smile. "Yeah. Are they coming over tonight?" I asked, the littlest bit of worry in my voice. "Yes, you're mom already invited them. I think they'll take it fine though." she chirped, a smile forming back on her face, revealing the little dimple she had on her chin. "I hope." I said, forcing a smile on my face. I was more nervous to tell her parents than I was to tell Simon. Her mum loved me like a son she never had, and her dad liked me too...but I don't know how much he'd like me after this. To say I was nervous, was more then an understatement.