| one |

••WARNING: this story will contain triggering/sensitive subjects such as: rape, eating disorders, self harm, abuse, and mental illnesses. If you are uncomfortable with such material, please proceed with caution!! You have been warned.••

••Magnolia's Pov••

"Do you girls want to hang out tonight? My dad just moved into a sick apartment suite and he's going to be too busy at the office," Perrie, one of my friends, says to the rest of the group. "I'm so down! Leigh, Ash, what about you?" Jesy smiles as she turns from her locker to face them. As always, I was left out, but it wasn't like they cared. To them I was just a recovery friend when the others couldn't show up or whenever they were busy. I sigh and walk off down the hall towards my class, bumping into my sister, Rachelle on the way. "Why the sad face, bub?" she asks, looking at me concerned as she shuts her locker. "No reason, Rach. I'll see you after class," I smile sadly, continuing towards class.
~
After a boring hour of Chemistry, I slip out of the room un-noticed and make my way down the hall, being tripped by one of the jocks as he and his friends burst into laughter. "Watch out, loser," he laughs, wrapping his arm around a petite, silver haired girl as she huddles in close to him. "Jed, don't be so mean," she says softly, pulling away to help me pick up my things. She hands me my song-writing book and smiles, "Sorry about him. Here you go." I smile in return and mumble a soft 'thank you' as I re-adjust my glasses and hurry off down the hall to find Rachelle so we could go home. After searching through the halls, I finally find her propped against the lockers as her boyfriend, Luke, kisses her neck. I approach them slowly and clear my throat, making Luke groan, "Um, Rach, do you mind driving me home? I want to get started on this assignment." She smiles and pats Luke's varsity jacket before kissing him and walking over to me, "Yeah, we need to get home anyway. Aunt Bev is making cannolis and if we don't get there in time then she, Rae and Uncle Wes will eat them all." I laugh softly and wave goodbye to Luke as he scoffs and turns to return to the football team. Sometimes I felt like the most hated girl in Long-Beach, which was probably true.
~
"It's about time, Wes was worried you girls were swept away by the incoming winds," Aunt Bev laughs as Rachelle and I walk into the kitchen where everyone was. "You hungry, bug?" Uncle Wes asks, throwing his arm around my shoulders. "No, I think I'm actually going to go upstairs and start this assignment for school. Thanks for offering though," I smile, grabbing my bag and passing by Raelynn as she walks into the kitchen. "Is she going to remain a skeleton her entire life?" I overhear Raelynn laugh from around the corner. Tears rush to the surface as I rush upstairs and down the hallway to my room and slam my door shut, throwing my bag into the nearest corner before sinking down to my knees with my back against the door. I look down at my baggy sweater and start crying. I couldn't help it. I wanted to eat, but I just couldn't force myself to do so. Besides, even if I did it'd just come right back up after I got my fix. That's just how it worked with me. I rub the tears away from underneath my glasses and push myself to my feet, catching sight of my reflection in the vanity mirror. I looked horrible. The running mascara made my malnourished complexion even worse. "Fucking hell, Maggie. Get it together, bitch," I yell at myself. slamming my fists down on the wooden tops of the vanity. I feel my heart slowly break inside as I stare at my reflection again. I was nothing, but a broken toy. So broken that there was no way to fix me.

a/n: sorry its short but hiiiiii