4

As Jordin drives me to this party at a kid named Jaise's house, all I think about is Milo Travis.

Hearing his name makes me want to ball up my fists and hit the closest thing. I close my head and rest it against the window.

Jordin reaches over to the car radio and turns it on.

Milo Travis is an extraordinary-

She switches the radio station, finally finding one playing music, and looks over at me.

"Are you ready to party!?" She asks me in an enthusiastic tone. I could tell she was trying to get me pumped up.

I give her a smile. "Yeah! A bit nervous but overall pretty pumped."

She gave me an excited smile, as she pulls onto the curb across from his house.

We hop out of the car and begin to walk to the house. Reaching the door, I walk through and I'm greeted with the smell of weed and the stench of alcohol.

I walk through the crowd of dancing, drunken teenagers to the kitchen. I grab a red Solo cup and fill it with Creme Soda. Jordin fills hers with alcohol.

I put the cup to my lips and drink the sugary substance. I drink about half of it then I set it down.

Jordin sets hers down and grabs my arm.

"Let's go take some shots" she says to me.

I fake laugh at her. "Haha, you're funny."

"Come on, loosen up a bit you wet mop."

I roll my eyes at her then agree to take one. She takes me over to a table and asks for two shots.

She hands me a glass and I put it against my lips. I lift the glass up quickly, pouring the alcohol down my throat. I swallow the drink and wince a little bit. I set the glass back down on the table.

*********

A couple hours after the party and Jordin is totally wasted. She's in the living room dancing with some new girls she met. I rub my temple and walk upstairs. I find an empty room and sit down on the bed. A few minutes later, someone walked into the room and shut the door behind them. I looked up and made eye contact with the stranger. 

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know anyone was in here." He runs his hand through his hair. 

"No, it's alright. You seem stressed, what's wrong?" I asked him. 

He sits down next to me. "My friends just dragged me to this party. I don't usually go to parties."

"Yeah, i'm in the same situation. My friend Jordin dragged me here to take my mind off things."

"Our friends are just fantastic aren't they?" He chuckles. "Anyways, my name is Jayden but everyone calls me Jay."

"Nice to meet you, Jay. My name's Alex. It's really Alexa but I hate going by that." I smile

"I think Alex is a nice name." He smiles back.

"Thanks. It was nice talking to you, but it's Wednesday. which means it's a school night, so I should get going." 

"It was nice meeting you."

I smile at him and walk out the door. I walk downstairs to find Jordin still dancing. I grab her arm. "Come on Jordin, it's time to go."