Chapter Three

Woahh! Thanks guys for the AMAZING comments! This is such an awesome surprise! So, here's the third chapter ready to go! Keep the comments and votes coming so I know that I'm doing this right :) This went in the 100s for teen fiction! I never wrote teen fiction before but woah, it feels like an accomplishment. Thank you! Keep commenting and voting :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Three

My first instinct was to kick him in his man junk but I couldn’t with the crowd observing both of us in confusion and in awe. I knew better than to make a scene so I turned back to the screaming crowd and continued to sing.

As we hit the chorus with a building strum, he moved right next to me but when I peeked a look, he was too busy looking at the crowd. Anger and confusion washed over me. What was he doing here after two years without any word from him?

I held back a frown and smiled along as we sang the rest of the song in perfect pitch and harmony. I willed myself to forget about the situation and just sang my heart out. By the end of the song I was even getting into it. Told you I was going crazy.

When the song ended, the crowd cheered for a good five minute. Jason was too busy reaching out towards the crowd, touching as many hands as he could while flashing that stupid grin of his.

Suddenly feeling awkward and out of place, I exited the stage quickly and packed my guitar. This was totally not what I expected and the sight of him made my stomach lurch. I wasn't sure what I was feeling. It was a mix of excitement to see him but also the betrayal and hurt by his lack of communication.

“Dude, Melanie! How come you didn’t tell me that you were going to bring out the Jason Whitlock out there? How much money did it take you to bring him out here? It must’ve been such a hard thing!” Matt rambled on a thousand words per second. He looked at me as if I found the cure to cancer.

“I guess I did what I had to do,” I managed a smile and excused myself out of the tent. The cheering fans were still going strong so I took my time to Maddie’s car to put my guitar away. Might as well throw it in the water. It wasn’t like I was going to play it ever again. The choice was tempting.

With much decision, I ended up putting my guitar back into Maddie’s car and shut it tightly. I banged my head on her window and sighed.

“This day sucks,” I complained to myself, suddenly feeling weary.

“Can I do anything to make it better?” a familiar voice asked. I whipped around, ready to punch Jason’s face but he pulled me in a quick embrace before I could follow through my mission. Mission failed.

“You can leave this town,” I suggested, struggling out of his hug. He looked surprised, his big green eyes quickly diminishing into his sad face that I knew too much.

“Mellie, it’s me, Ace,” Jason chuckled nervously. When I didn’t answer he frowned. “Mellie…”

“Why did you come back?” It was barely a whisper but I knew he heard me. He shifted uncomfortably and became interested in looking down at his feet.

“I came here to see you,” he said, still looking at the ground. Two years with no calls or messages from Jason and to be honest I was doing perfectly well with going to school and actually learning stuff until Jason had to flaunt his way back into my life.

“Please don’t give me that crap,” I sighed, walking past him and towards the beach, away from the crowd who were now dancing to upbeat music. It hurt to walk away from him but I wasn't sure if I was ready to forgive him. Two years had turned me bitter.