Chapter Two

Thanks everyone for the insight from the first chapter!!! I REALLY appreciate your comments and decided to post the second! Continue to tell me if I should keep going and hopefully I can keep this up! This was actually ranked like 300's in teen fiction so thanks (although it's not anymore-but we can change that :D)

Comment and vote so I can see if you want more!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter Two

~Hello North Carolinians! It’s a bright sunny day and the beach is calling out for the start of summer. Not only is the beach calling but Hollywood’s favorite star, Jason Whitlock, will be visiting his home town of Raleigh this week so guys, you better hold onto your girls!~

I tuned down the radio and rolled down the window, taking comfort in the silence. The last day of school was finally over and I was done with my junior year at Leesville High School. It was one hell of a year with school but now I was able to relax.

It was hard adjusting to a new school that only focused on education. In Miran Art Academy, their only focus was on music and the arts so naturally, I was behind than most kids my grade.

I quit Miran Art Academy after Jason had left because I had nothing left there for me. The chances of me debuting were now slim so it was the best choice to focus more on education than entertainment.

With the help of the new friends I had made at Leesville, I had been able to accommodate well. I had Derek and Maddie to help me navigate my last two years at Leesville and was able to make even more friends through them. All in all, life was good except for the fact that Jason was coming back to town.

“Don’t think about it Mellie,” I whispered to myself. “There are more things to be worried about like that stupid gig.”

The first thing on my agenda was to attend the ‘end of the year beach party’ later tonight. I didn’t have any particular reason to go except for the stupid singing gig my friends signed me up for without letting me know until today.

Many people at school knew of my past life at Miran but I had never picked up my guitar and sung or danced in two years. I had given it all up for a chance at a normal girl going into a normal college and getting a normal job. That was all I had left anyways.

I finally came home safely after all the random thoughts that was processing in my mind. As I walked in, I heard my mom in the kitchen with the radio on.

Good afternoon! It is rumored that Jason Whitlock, a student who used to attend Miran Art Academy will be landing in his hometown in two days. Till then, let’s give it up for his hit single that recently went platinum, 'Love Struck.'

“Mom please turn off the radio,” I asked as I set my bag down and grabbed a water bottle from the mini fridge.

“Why? It’s Jason’s song!” my mom giggled happily. “Can you believe it? He’s coming back to town!”

“No, I can't believe it,” I replied, annoyed. “He’s been gone for a good two years. I don’t think it matters if he visits now.” I didn't hate him because he got chosen and I didn't but I felt betrayed in some way. We knew we both had to let go of each other to follow our dreams but doing so was harder than being said.

“Oh honey, I’m sure you could’ve debuted if you stayed at Miran for a little longer. I still have no idea why you quit,” my mom said sadly. “You’re so talented and now your guitar is in the attic, collecting dust.”