Chapter 7

I found myself staring straight at a younger, much more nervous, looking Alex. He was sitting in front of movie producer and biting his lip. 

“I’m sorry, you're not good enough,” the man said. 

 I watched as Alex dropped his head in his hands and started to move out of the door.

I had barely processed what had happened before the scene changed again.

I was sitting in the back of the movie producer. An older version of Alex walked in looking gorgeous in formal attire. I was curious as to what was going on, but before I went to ask the person next to me I remembered that no one could see me.

I noticed a few other important looking people sitting at a table in front of the producer. It suddenly dawned on me. This was an audition.

Alex and the producer exchanged a few words and then went to their business once again. Alex was then being examined and was asked to read a couple of lines.

When his mouth finally opened I felt myself being carried away. He was incredible. When he finished the script, everyone awed at his acting abilities. I saw the producer rise, his applause obviously meaning the most to Alex. Each of the movie crew approved of him and he got the part. 

The scene changed once again and I saw that there was a commotion during a shooting scene. I was curious and went near the crowd only to discover a badly injured Alex. An ambulance was carefully placing him on a stretcher. A pretty redhead was holding his hand while crying. The ambulance drove away and I was left alone with the movie producer guy.

“That’s it guys, we have a wrap of today's shooting.” the producer gave an apologetic shrug of his shoulder. What? What caused Alex's accident ? Based on what I saw he was badly injured. Does that mean he can't act for the movie anymore?What kind of lesson was that?

Again the scene changed. I saw Alex with the redhead beauty again. He was holding her hand. She was probably his girlfriend. Cameras were flashing. Interviewers were hungry beasts.Then I realized I am in a movie premiere. In Alex's movie premiere. 

Inside the theatre, I watch as the movie was about to begin. Then the opening credits came and the movie of the title : "1001 Days Left With You". This was the hit movie during my grandmother's time. I've seen this a million times because my grandmaother was so obsess with it. It became a hobby of hers until she died. Thinking of it, I suddenly missed her.

It was the end of the movie, I heard a few crying and sniffing so I paid attention to the movie. I saw Alex being shot and about to die. He was giving the redhead a locket. When she opened it, she saw a picture of them and underneath it, it says: "You and me. Forever." Then Alex spoke his last words.

"I love you." Alex coughs and spits blood.

"I love you too." the redhead kissed him on the lips.

"Hold on to that locket. Whenever you feel alone, that locket will be there for you. I'll be there for you."

"No. NO! You can't die. You can't!" 

I felt tears are shedding  from my eyes. I was crying.

"I have to go now. It's time to go. I will always be there for you. You may not see me but I'll always look after you. I'll be your guardian angel."

"Don't leave me here.Take me with you." I could totally feel the sadness now. I was crying so hard. I was suddenly jealous of them. Why can't I have that kind of love from a guy? The one who would take a bullet for you. The one who would make you feel like you're the only girl in his world. Is that too much to ask?

Then I heard a girl screamed. "NOOOOOOOO!!!" That's when I realized Alex died  and the scene started to fade as the sound of an ambulance was heard.Then the screen was blank and the lights were turned on. I can see that there were hundreds. Hell, thousands of people watching the movie.

I heard a clap from a viewer then another was heard then the crowd was cheering. Apparently this was great news because Alex and his co-actors mounted the stage exploded with happiness. The crowd's clapping still lingered in my ears  when I was back with the real Alex.

I clutched my head, “Your memories are too short and choppy. I’m dizzy from all that switching things up.”

“Sorry,” he gave an unconvincing shrug.

His lesson was simple. Even though the memories had been short and unexplained, I had understood the gist. “Never give up on your dreams,” I answered.

“Correct,” Alex smiled at me. “Good luck out there in the real world Savannah.”

I managed a small smile before darkness overcame me.

Author's Note: Haven't got much to say. That'll be it guys. More will come :D Bye for now. 

    x believex