sixteen

Giggles erupt from the back of Jimins throat as Yoongi hits the turn so fast the tires screech. He throws his head back unable to hide his smile, attempting to bite his lower lip in hopes of shutting himself up. Yoongi grins from the drivers seat as he glances over at the younger.

"You can laugh Jimin" he chuckles from the drivers seat before easing on the gas to take the next turn.

Today was a day full of Jimins soft smiles and light giggles, it was spent by Yoongis side all day. The two 'ate' lunch together on the rooftop and ditched last period. The rest of the day was spent on woody twisty unfamiliar roads. It's so green outside it hurts Jimins eyes.

"Ah we might miss it" Yoongi growls as he peeks at the sky through the branches above them.

"Yah keep your eyes on the road crazy" Jimin nudges Yoongi arm lightly. Yoongi shakes his grin off his face as he somehow speeds more than already.

Jimin burst into more giggles as gravel spits up from the turn of the vehicle.

Jimin crosses his arms excepting that Yoongi isn't about to tell him where they are headed but what he can tell is that it's a few hours away from home in the literal middle of no where. He leans forward and allows himself to get a strawberry candy from the glove box. "Want one hyung?"

Yoongi nods slowing down as Jimin hands him a candy. He raises it to his mouth and uses his teeth to open it before popping the strawberry goodness into his mouth. He tosses the wrapper carelessly onto the dashboard before spinning off onto a gravel road. The tree line begins to grow back from the road it self and Jimin cranks down his window and lays his head into his arms as the two speed through the gravel road.

Jimins eyes remain on the sky that's filled with a fair amount of clouds that are all colored by the sunset. He smiles but quickly sits up straight as he notices the vehicle slowing to a stop.

"Oh" he looks forward into the tree line, the roads just ended. "Umm?"

"Follow me" Yoongi instructs taking the keys out of the ignition and opening his door. Jimin nods unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out himself. He follows Yoongi who walks toward the tree line.

Yoongi waits by the trees for Jimin to join his side. He grabs the youngers hand and intertwines their fingers before pulling the younger into the brush. Jimin covers his smile with his freehand and his eyes form into crescents. He's glad Yoongis leading him or he might have tripped over his own feet by now.

The two fall into a comfortable silence and Jimin finally stops smiling enough to take in the environment.

His eyes grow large as he follows down the path confused. "Yoongi-"

"We're here" the older cuts him off as he pulls him out of the brush and onto the top of the hill.

"Woah"

Luckily his timing was right, its sunset now. He takes a deep breath of the air before walking up to a large rock and sitting on top of it. Jimin doesn't waste time getting up and situating himself next to the older. His eyes linger on the city instead of Yoongi lighting his cigarette next to him.

"Where are we hyung" Jimin asks as he rests his head on Yoongis shoulder.

"Thats Daegu".

Jimins seen city lights before, but only up close. Only when he was inside Busan. And even then he was still on the outskirts and along the beach. The sunset over an unfamiliar city is a shocking sight he was unsure if he'd ever see in his life.

"Is this where you're from" he smiles.

"Yes".

Jimins gaze is soon filled with pretty smoke rings and he can't help but smile softly.

Yoongi leans his head on Jimins. "I thought you'd like the city lights at night, never seen a view like this right?"

Jimin nods. "Am I that predictable?"

"No, not really".

"I've been in the city before although it was Busan. I've never seen any other city than that one".

"You were born there?"

"It's where my dads from, most of my family lives there".

Jimin isn't the type to bring up his deceased parents, not often anyways. It brings a lot of unwanted emotions but- but it's different with Yoongi. Yoongi knows him and unlike Taehyung, can see straight through him.

"Is Busan nice? Is it safe there?"

"I'd like to think so" Jimin nods as he plays with Yoongis fingertips, "do you ever miss home Yoongs?"

"I miss my friends more than anything" he answers truthfully "the streets are rough here Jimin, I don't ever want to drag you into that".

"Are they on the streets" Jimins eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"No" Yoongi shakes his head instantly "Jin's in school to be a doctor he's never seen the streets and never will"

"What about-"

"Namjoon grew up on them with me, but he doesn't see them anymore" Yoongi cuts him off "although he's an underground rapper and you meeting him might not be the best idea".

Jimin nods understandingly.

Jimin rests his head back onto Yoongis shoulder as he watches the sun disappear. Colored clouds still decorate the sky as dusk arrives and Jimin flutters his eyelashes blinking back 'tears' from the colder air. He never realized how high they are in elevation and his ears really need to pop.

"It looks like a painting" the younger comments as he looks at the scenery around them. The sights of city lights surrounded by mountains and a sunset overtop reminds the younger of a painting you'd see in a museum somewhere.

"If I could paint it I would" Yoongi shrugs.

Jimin nods in agreement before relaxing against Yoongi completely. Yoongi's his stress reliever and honestly favorite person in the world.

~~~~~

Imma warn you guys- this is the last decent chapter before the period of my write block so uhhhh hopefully this story doesn't go to shit, I've enjoyed writing it- yes even through the write block. I'm glad to finally be updating, its the last bit of my birthday and I've had a wonderful day- I was hoping to update this morning but I got busy. Anyways tHANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT GOD I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!

also unedited (insert cringey face emoji) :)