Capítulo Ventitré.

Jared Padalecki as John Cavanaugh

~

Fighting Temptation: Capítulo Ventitré

~Antonio Aarón Esposito~

"Looks a little cluttered in here," I narrowed my eyes and scowled at the voice, reaching for my gun at the same time that I took a swig of beer. "Surprised to see you in shape with all of that alcohol you've been drinking." My jaw hardened as I grabbed hold of my .36, my right-hand man throwing his hands up in surrender. "Calmaté, boss." Timofei murmured as I glared at the piece of trash behind him, looking as happy as ever (Calm down). "He's just here to talk and I think you should listen." He nodded and I let out a huff, letting my gun fall back on the table as I leaned forward, the offending pedazo de mierda sitting down in the chair on the opposite side of my desk (piece of shit).

" ¿Qué quieres Raymundo?" I spat coldly as my eyes hardened with the utmost hate (What do you want). Before, I would have been kissing his feet and asking for his blessing so that I could have his son's hand, but all I felt was the most unadulterated disgust and mere annoyance for this man. No words could explain how I felt at that moment and Timofei knew because he left as soon as the trash sat down.

"I need to talk to you." That was all he said, a serious look in his eyes as the smile fell from his lips. Good. "What could you possibly want to talk to me about, Хмм?" I questioned in a steel tone, not wanting to make eye contact with him. I didn't want to look at him because I could still see him firing that round into my mother's chest.

Mierda.

My fingers were itching to grab the trigger and it took all of my willpower to stay in my seat and not kill him. That, and the fact that I was heavily intoxicated. "So just like Ramiro, you're in pain too?" My heart jolted at the sound of the whispered name and I could feel my blood boiling to life. I clenched my teeth as I squeezed my hands into fists, willing myself to stay calm. "¿Que?" I murmured, wanting to stay on topic and he sighed. "I didn't want to kill your mother." The trash confessed and I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "But you did, huh?" I replied in a sneer, wondering why he was wasting my time and the little remains of my self-control. "I had my reasons." Ray, the basura, spoke and I grumbled internally (trash).

How dare he sit here, all righteous and whatnot and expect me to give him just a mere moment of my time? How dare he request that of me?

After what he did? Bullshit.

"No me jodas, Raymundo, you're walking on a thin line here," I growled, itching to punch the ever loving shit out of him (Don't fuck with me). "After you and your son betrayed me and you killed my mother on top of that, I'd appreciate it if you kept to your fucking self and left me alone." I spat in a murderous tone, seething with rage. 

"Eh?" He tilted his head in confusion as he pulled out a Cuban cigar and lighting it, leaning back in his chair as he placed a leg over his opposite knee. "Ramiro didn't have anything to do with this, I'm sure you've got the wrong idea," His eyes glazed over in realization and I had no idea what it was for. "Heh, you really got the wrong image of my pendejo, son." He shook his head. "Ramiro was just as scared as you were. I wouldn't have asked him to do anything like that because he wouldn't." My eyes widened as I sat there, soaking it all in. 

"Not just because he's a good person at heart, but because he loves you. He wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize his relationship with you," He smiled knowingly and I sat back in my chair, a blood-curling realization floating through my mind.

I really let him go.

I really walked away from him, thinking that he had betrayed me. 

"Antonio, my son had no idea that I was even in on that plan with Vladimiro," His tone darkened and I snapped my head to him. "I merely did it so that I could protect him. Your uncle was going to kill him as well as the rest of my family if I didn't kill your mother," He began and I hitched a breath. "Sure, I'm a mafioso and I have all of these men, but who's to say that he didn't have people in on my base pretending to be on my side?" He shrugged. "Couldn't take a chance and at the time, one life seemed meager compared to 40 something people." He stated it so bluntly and while I understood his point, it still hurt.