Savior

"Oh damnit!" Signe cursed as she grabbed onto the back of a seat before snatching Amy's hand, her feet dangling precariously close to the edge.

"Hold on, I'm leveling us out!" Mark announced as he managed to straighten the plane, making it easier to  stay inside.

"We need to work together if we're gonna get out of here alive!" Ethan shouted over the wind, earning hesitant nods of agreement from the others.

"How do you know how to fly a plane anyway?" Sean asked Mark as he adjusted his position in the copilot seat.

"I used to fly around a lot before the world went to shit." Mark admitted with a small shrug, his eyes focused on the horizon.

"Everyone okay back there?" Sean called out as he glanced over his shoulder.

"We're good!" Dan and Phil assured Sean.

"Amy and I are okay!" Signe added.

Sean noticed Mark's shoulders visibly relax as he let out a long sigh of relief, his grip relaxing on the controls.

"PJ, Felix, Ethan, Tyler, and I are fine." Robin chimed in.

"Good." Sean replied, deciding not to relax in case Mark would attack him for lowering his guard.

"Sean, bro, I-"

"Look, I really don't want to have your reason for why you did what you did, just promise me that you'll just pick a side once we land." Sean interrupted, not in the mood to hear his excuses.

"Okay." Felix answered simply.

The ride was silent for a moment except for the sound of the wind rushing by as Mark searched for a place to land.

"Fuck, I forgot that the brakes are broken." Mark remembered.

"Is there any parachute or anything back there Robin?" Sean asked the Swede.

"I found some in the overhead compartments, but there's not enough for everyone, even if some of us share." Robin stated grimly as he held up five parachutes.

"We're headed right for the center of LA as well, I can't just let this plane crash into it and kill more innocents." Mark spoke up.

"I thought you were okay with killing anyone and everyone." Sean replied snappishly.

"Not me, Nate. I let people leave my gang, but Nate didn't like my idea." Mark corrected him.

"I didn't know he was hunting the deserters down and killing them until I heard about how he sniped Marzia, my used to be medic, in the head during her wedding." Mark continued.

"Marzia...that son of a bitch killed her!" Felix yelled in rage.

"Look, I'm sorry for whatever that's worth, but it's not my fault he left my gang to complete his own agenda." Mark argued defensively.

"You should've killed him." Felix spat darkly.

"And become like him? No way. I just want to protect those I love." Mark replied as he shot a quick glance at Amy.

"Everyone grab a parachute fast, I'm aiming the plant to crash into the ground away from the city!" Mark barked commandingly.

Dan and Phil were strapped into a parachute together, Sean and Signe doing the same while Ethan shared a parachute with Amy, Robin and PJ sharing as well while Tyler took his own since no one else would fit with him.

"Mark-"

"You guys saved Amy, I might as well try to relay the favor." Mark cut off Sean.

"Mark?" Amy whispered as Ethan dragged her towards the open doorway.

"I love you Amy, stay safe." Mark told her, swallowing hard before he tilted the plane.

Everyone tumbled out with a surprised  cry as they fell through the air, Sean glancing back just in time to see the plane ram into the ground and crumple like a piece of paper.

"NO!" Amy sobbed as Ethan tried to console her despite his own sorrow.

For the first time since Sean had seen Tyler, the stone faced male had a single tear running down his cheek, his eyes betraying his sorrow.

"We need to see if Mark's alive, we can't just leave him." Ethan told Sean as they landed, his fingers already beginning to unfasten his parachute.

"The last thing I need though is for the wreckage to explode while we look." Sean countered.

"Sean, he saved our lives." Signe reminded him.

"Please." Amy added as she looked to at Sean with her watery brown eyes.

Should Sean risk the safety of his friends to look for Mark?

Or

Head back to safety in the city?