Forever Young

AN: Just a little Chatie fluff to hold you over.

AN: Read AN at the bottom please!

It was a beautiful sunny day down at the park a few blocks from my house. A couple of the younger kids that lived down the street ran around the playground laughing as one little boy tagged a younger girl carelessly. Those were the days. Running around, playing with friends, and not having to worry about your bionic friends running off into danger all the time. Don’t get me wrong when I say that because I love them all to death but sometimes my manicured nails get shaven down some because of how much I bite them due to constant worrying. You know, normal teenage girls around my age would go on dates with their boyfriends instead of having to wait until he was safe from a dangerous mission. But I wouldn’t trade what I have with him for anything different. I love him and that will never change.

Someone sat down next to me on the park bench and intertwined our fingers together. I looked up and smiled at the boy of my dreams before kissing his cheek.

“Hi baby,” I whispered against the sunny breeze.

“Hi,” He whispered back “Why are you whispering?”

Shrugging my shoulders, I looked down at our clasped hands and rested my head on his shoulder, “I don’t know.”

Chase laughed in response and looked out onto the playground. This time the little girl was ‘it’ as the boy ran to hide. I smiled as the little girl giggled and called out for the boy.

“So you know how when we were talking to Scott and I kept looking at you?”

“You mean staring at me? Yes, I do remember that.”

Chase playfully rolled his eyes, “I just was thinking to myself how amazing you are and about how lucky I am to have you.”

“Well that goes both ways Chase,” I tell him “You were saying how underappreciated you felt with your family and how they, and I quote, ‘mock your genius’. To me you’re not…and I know sometimes I laugh along but it doesn’t mean that I don’t care or I don’t love you because I do. And it’s because of how much I love you that I’m still here.”

He placed the palm of his hand gently against my cheek and I blushed at the way he was looking at me. No one has ever looked at me the way he does and it makes me feel special.

“I love you too Katie. Always,” He bent his head down and softly kissed me. His lips were barely pressed against mine but I could still feel everything he felt from just one simple touch. I moved closer to firmly press our lips in a kiss.

A soft whisper of wind brushed across my face causing a rebel strand of hair to fly in front of my face. Chase brushed it back behind my ear before pressing a quick kiss to my jaw. He pulled away from me and smiled.

“So why exactly are you sitting by yourself at the playground?”

“No reason,” I said shaking my head, “Just thinking about thing. You know the meaning of life. Stuff like that.”

Chase chuckled, “Really? I didn’t know you were that deep.”

“There are a lot of things you don’t know about me Chase Davenport.”

Silence overlapped everything around us but we both didn’t seem to notice. Just sitting next to each other watching the little boy and girl run around the playground made everything seem so...complete. And, yeah, I know this sound like something out of an overly cheesy romance novel but it’s true.

And that’s how Chase and I’s day went: sitting on a park bench watching people pass by the playground. Occasionally we would do the cliché kiss in the middle of the park but we didn’t care. The world moved on around us as we stayed in our own little bubble staying forever young.

AN: Sorry this is so short. I had this idea in my head for a whole month but then a thing called life got in the way. Then I got the terrible writer’s disease called writer’s block and everything just seemed to be put on hold. Also, I'm really happy you all like this story and I love your comments but demanding that I update is a little too much. I do have a life like the rest of you. Updates are very slow at the moment and will be until further notice so PLEASE keep that in mind!