Don't Wake Me Up

AN: The chapter title is the title to a Chris Brown song. I was listening to it while I typed up this little sucker. Hope all you guys will like it!

It had been a while since Chase and Katie spent time together at her house. Of course, as always, Katie’s father was away on business and that kind of bugged Chase. Here was a brilliant and beautiful girl who was all alone in a big old empty house. Her mother was deceased and her father is never around for his only daughter. His heart broke whenever she talked about her family and he guessed that was one of the major reasons she loves coming over to his house all the time. And Chase wasn’t complaining. Anytime she came over, he knew his day would instantly turn happier...even though he and his siblings get into so much mischief.

Chatie sat on Katie’s plush couch and cuddled while watching movies. Lately they had been on a Marvel kick and decided to watch all the Marvel movies Katie owned which was pretty much all of them. The first movie Katie let Chase pick out first which was The Avengers and then it tumbled from there. Seven movies later and the couple fell asleep with Chase’s chest acting as Katie’s pillow. His arms wrapped securely around her small waist. Even in sleep, Chase was there protecting her.

Chase was the first of the pair to wake up. His eyes squinted in the dark as the credits to Captain America rolled. He looked down when he felt something weighing him down. Chase smiled softly as he watched his girlfriend sleep in his arms. Even in her sleep she was breathtakingly beautiful, he thought. His eyes then wandered to the locket around her neck and his smile widened. In that moment he knew that what he had told her when they rescued her and Mr. Davenport from Marcus and Mr. Davenport’s brother was true. She was the one for him. Sure she his first girlfriend but he didn’t care. He wanted her to be the last. Who cared what other people thought? As long as he had her, he didn’t care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eye’s shifted as the light broke through my eye lids. I groaned and shifted before realizing where I was and what happened. Chase and I were watching movies and I guess we fell asleep. Speak of Chase, where is he?

A clattering noise from the kitchen interrupted my thoughts and I begrudgingly got off the couch and followed my nose. The smell of bacon carried me to the sight of my ogling worth boyfriend in a ‘Kiss the Cook’ apron.

“Since when do you cook Chase Davenport?”

Chase jumped before turning to me, “Jeez Katie! You scared me.”

“Sorry,” I laughed, “Didn’t mean too. But are you going to answer my question?”

He threw a cooler piece of bacon at me which, since I have some amazing talents of my own, caught it with my mouth, “Booya!”

Chase rolled his eyes with a smile on his face, “It’s been programmed into my bionic chip. Mr. Davenport figured I would need to learn if I ever had to go on solo missions. I figured I would impress my gorgeous girlfriend my mad skills in the kitchen.”

I scoffed, “Mad skills? You’re cooking bacon. Not that hard to make.”

He pouted, “Seriously? Here I am, being the amazing boyfriend that I am, making my wonderful girlfriend something to eat and she disses the cook.”

I chuckled before throwing my arms around Chase’s shoulders and tipped my head back, “I’m sorry I dissed your cooking abilities,” I pecked his lips, “It won’t happen again…”

“Thank you.”

“…today.”

“Seriously?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half an hour later…

Giggling, Chase kissed my lips, then forehead, the bridge of my nose, cheeks and then back to my lips. We had eaten our fill of bacon and scrambled eggs and made our way back over to couch to cuddle up again but were distracted when Chase started an all-out kissing war; lips clashing with lips in an effort to win. Of course the more evolved species won; me. Soon it was just small and tender pecks on the lips and face.

Chase ran thumb over charm of my necklace with a somber look on his face, “Do you ever feel like I’m a burden to be with?”

I was taken back, “What? Why would you ask me that?”

He sighed and avoided looking at me. Instead he looked at the heart around my neck, “I don’t know. I guess I feel like it sometimes. And I know they do it out of good fun but some of the jokes Adam, Bree and Leo aim at me hurt. I feel like no one takes me seriously and no one cares that I’m here.”

“I care,” I pressed firmly, “I care so much about you Chase. And you’re not a burden! I don’t care if you think it because you’re not. Not to me and not to your family. They may make fun of you but that’s because they care. They care so much about you and so do I.”

His arms wrapped around my waist, “I love you.”

“I love you too…always,” I rested my forehead against his, “Please don’t feel that no cares about you because you do and you always will. Feel that you have three amazing siblings who will go to great lengths for each you. Feel that you have Tasha and Mr. Davenport to keep you grounded. Feel that you have me to love you unconditionally until the day I die,” I pressed his hand against my chest so he could feel my heartbeat which was beating like a hummingbirds wings, “You feel this? This is how you make me feel.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later…

“No way,” Chase argued, “Are you kidding me babe? Iron Man is way better than the Black Widow!”

I munched on a handful of popcorn before speaking, “Oh yeah? And you’re argument is?”

“Well first of all he’s a genius and second he’s got a suit of armor that can do practically anything.”

I scoffed, “The Black Widow could easily hack into Tony Stark’s suit and deactivate JARVIS leaving him powerless. Not to mention that she’s a Russian assassin trained to kill on command. That’s girl power right there!”

When I looked up, Chase looked like a fish out of water and I laughed, “Do you have anything to add to your useless argument?”

He started stuttering, “He can-can do-create-“

“That’s right. You got nothing. I win!” I cheered.

“Yeah…well…your face is cute!”

I paused mid handful, “Well that was a random thought.”

AN: I figured I would do one of my own chapters before I post Mission: Mission Creek High. There is still some editing I have to do on that chapter so I don’t know when it will be posted. Comments and votes would be amazing! Please and thank you!