Chapter 2

"Ahhhhh" she screamed. The woman lay in a bed, sweaty, tears rolling down her cheeks, she missed her husband; she wished he had been there, wished he could see his child for the first time; but that would never happen;  only a week earlier her husband was killed.
The woman "lily" had given birth to a beautiful baby girl and she named her Lauren. By the time the mothers older sister got to the hospital she had bled out and died leaving the newborn Lauren an orphan.
Lauren lived with her aunt for ten years, she learned of her Ancestors and what she would someday be. On the eleventh year her aunt died of a rare kind of brain cancer. Lauren then left London and went to live with her uncle that lived just outside New York. By the time Lauren was 21 she no longer  had any living family, she went to college and got an English degree in writing; but that was not her passion, she wanted to become a cop she'd lived in the U.S for ten years so she enlisted in the New York police academy and graduated first in her class.
On her 23rd year (just 3 months after she graduated from the police academy) Lauren began to see wesen, that meant she was a grimm.
While interviewing witnesses and suspects she had seen many different and rare wesen, Lauren did not like the idea of killing all wesen so when she could she would get in on wesen cases and if need be would kill them.
She spent eight years in New York as a uni (uniformed police officer) and was friends with many of the detectives and  the captain.
in 2013 her captain wanted to promote her to detective but there were too many other cops in the running; but he discovered there was detective that was killed in Portland, he transferred her; and she left for Portland.

Sorry this is supposed to be the prologue 😜