Is it Love?

K'aori's POV

Why did he have to ruin it? I stared into his deep green eyes with tears forming in my own.

Why did he have to do this?

I made my way off of his lap slipping on a big t-shirt that had been placed on the ground. It smelled sweet just like he did right now. Sweet and yet masculine. Sweet and yet soaked in a love that I pretended I didn't see.

"Lucas please.."

"I love you. I'm in love with you. I'm just being honest with you. You're not someone I just want to have sex with for pleasure alone, you're someone I want to build with, someone I want to belong to. I love you so much and it's so odd to me because I cannot remember the last time I felt this way."

I think I love you too...

"Lucas, I understand where you're coming from, I do. So... If you don't want to do this yet, I understand." I took in a deep breath. "With that being said, I don't know what else to say. I don't know..."

"It's fine," He put his hand on my head running his fingers through the length of my hair. "I'll wait for you."

How did he do this. I came back to him with the intention of sex. I wanted it and I wanted it from him, now, all I wanted was to relax with him. In his arms. Now, all I wanted was to feel him next to me, cuddling me. Did I love him? I couldn't answer. It wasn't something I hadn't had time to think about.

"Hey Luke?"

"Yes?"

"Can we just lay here a while? There doesn't have to be anything else..."

"Of course we can." His eyes were happy and so we're his lips, they were pulled into a wide smile. His whole face was lit up with pure joy. It made me happy.

He pulled me down on the bed resting his lips on my forehead with a pleasant smile pasted on his face.

After a few hours, my eyes wandered to the time. We'd almost fallen asleep but suddenly, I remembered that there was something important I was supposed to do tonight.

"Hey, what is it?" Lucas sat up rubbing his sleepy, miss colored eyes.

"I remembered that there's something that I actually have to do."

"Oh? Right now?"

I smiled sadly. "Yeah."

"Do you need me to come with you?"

"No!" I said sharply, then, noticing the shock in his eyes, I sweetened my tone, "it's just that it has something to do with that night. It's very important that I fix everything involving that situation."

"I understand but at least tell me this, will Claire be okay?"

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Worse case scenario, she has to change her identity or, she has to serve life in prison."

I didn't know why but, the thought of it made me giggle a little. Lucas sat there staring at me like I was a crazy person.

"Well Ms Joyner, you're definitely an odd one for sure."

"I try my best."

By this time, I was standing up putting on my clothes and grabbing my keys to head out.

"I'll miss you," Lucas, still sitting in the bed, grabbed my hips and pulled me to him. "Come back to me?"

"I'll think about it," I smiled uncontrollably.

I think I love him.