12:"Bye, Dad."(4.08.20)

I wake up to the sunlight beaming though my still-open window from last night. I roll over and stretch my limbs before getting up to start my search for Brody. The bathroom was empty, as was the guest bedroom. Slowly, I make my way downstairs without missing a step and tripping. What meets me is Brody making breakfast, humming to himself quietly.

"Well this is a lovely surprise," I croak, my morning voice thick.

Brody looks over at me, his eyes scanning my entire body. "Nice voice, Noodle." He smirks as he returns back to his pancakes.

I didn't know he could cook. It was kind of irritating, how well he did everything. Anything he tried, he would manage to perfect with ease. It was frustrating for the slow-learners like me.

"Can you say 'pancake' in Spanish?" Brody questioned, looking back at me from over his shoulder.

I sit down at the breakfast bar, racking my brain for the Spanish word 'pancake'. After several seconds, I come to a conclusion. "Crepe!" I practically shout.

Brody turns to me in surprise. "I have taught you well!" He said before flipping the pancake once more, then putting it on a plate where there others rested. He takes another plate out and puts two pancakes with butter and syrup already applied, and hands the plate to me with a fork.

"Thank you!" I chirp before digging in. I am always starving in the mornings.

Brody sits across from me and eats as well, but his bites are paced and in no way hurried. The whole time I'm eating, he's laughing at something under his breath.

After finishing my pancakes and downing a cup of milk, I set the empty cup down loudly on the counter. "Alright, what's so funny?" I ask, wiping away my milk-mustache.

Brody shakes his head. "Nothing. It's just that most girls are afraid to eat in front of guys. It's nice to know you aren't." He replied, taking another bite of his last pancake.

"Well, in case you didn't notice, I'm not like most girls," I say proudly. I get up and pass Brody as I reach the dishwasher.

After putting my dirty dishes in the dishwasher, I get back up and meet Brody's chest. "Oh, believe me, I've noticed." He stated lowly.

I gulped. My heart pounds at the proximity between us. I avoid his steel eyes as I clear my throat quietly, moving away. "I better get ready for the day."

"Are you ready for that quiz tomorrow?" Brody asks, changing the subject. He steps away and returns to his pancakes.

My eyes widen. "I completely forgot we have a test tomorrow! Of course I'm not ready! I know half of what I'm supposed to!" I shout, running my hands through my knotty hair.

Brody stares at me blankly. "Don't worry. I'll help. Get dressed and meet me back down here. We can go over our notes from yesterday and then learn some new things, okay? Don't worry. I won't let you fail this test."

---

"I didn't fail!" I squeal into Brody's ear after eight period ends. I show him the paper. I had aced the test, surprisingly.

Brody laughed at my reaction. "I knew you could do it." He gives me an odd look.

"It's nice to know someone has faith in me," I reply, shaking my head. I still couldn't believe I made an A+ on the test. I was expecting a B at the most.

"I'll always have faith in you, Gracie." Brody says as I grab my bag from the floor next to my desk.

Mrs Russo stops us on our way out. "You did wonderful, Gracelynn. Because of that test, your grade is now up to a seventy. If you keep it up, you should have a high A by the end of the six-weeks. Oh! And Brody, great work. Thank you for helping her. I hope you two keep up the great teamwork." She nods at the two of us before walking in front of us and exiting the classroom.