6 - Sweet Blood

Enjoy :)

-January 17 North of Los Vegas, NV-

My head hurts, my head really hurts.  The world is spinning I try to blink my eyes but the rotations won't stop.  Someone's screaming, I can hear that, but I can't hear what they're saying.  I place a hand on the floor and try to push, I get my head just slightly off the concrete but slip and it crashes back down.  Ringing, more pain, I just wish everything would stop spinning.

I look around at the rotating world, I see a guy with short brown hair wearing a blue button up out in the light.  I know that man... Neel.  He's screaming at the top of his lungs at the sky, why is he doing that?  I look away.  To the other direction is a girl.  She has her knees up in front of her face and has pulled herself into the corner in front of the door.  That must be Lil.

The ringing turns into a solid tone and my head hurts so much I let it flop back until I'm looking straight up.  Above me is a blue glowing circle with some sort of exotic diamond carved inside it.  That's the same symbol that was on the ground.  How'd it get up there?  Better question is what happened?  Why does everything hurt?  I lift my arm up, not to try and sit up again, but to look at it.  There's blood everywhere.  There's a gaping open gash still on my wrist, the blood inside is wet and mucky, yet it doesn't run out.  It also doesn't seem to be drying, but instead rotting there unsure what to do.

I lower my arm until it's on my chest and take a slow breath.  There's no movement from my chest.  I try to breathe faster but my body isn't able to consume more air.  A wave of panic floods my body as I look first at Lil then back to Neel, who has moved out of the driveway and began kicking a tree for no apparent reason.  I can't feel my heart.  I can't feel my stomach going in and out.  I can't feel anything.  "Neel..." I try to croak out, but find it difficult to speak, "Neel..." I whine.  He doesn't hear me and yells at the sky again, "Lil...?" I turn my head. 

She looks up at me from behind her knees, "Lil... help."  I cough, blood fills my mouth and I lean over to spit some of it out.  She doesn't come.  Instead she just sits there and looks at me.  I try to roll over but find moving to be difficult.  "Lil... help me." I reach a hand out.  My eyes burn like they're going to explode out of my skull and my head begins pounding harder and harder every second.

Her lips move but nothing comes out, at least nothing I can hear.  The ringing in my ears turns into a solid loud tone which blurs everything around me out.  I cough again and could swear one of my eyes pop out with it.  I go blind on my left side and everything grows dark.  I can hardly see anything as I put my hand on the floor and with all my strength pull myself towards Lil, "Help, please..."  What's happening to me?  Why do I feel so sick?  What happened?  I just wanted to give a little blood, why does everything hurt?  "Help..."  I want my mom, I want to go home more than ever.  I want my bed, my room, and my mother's arms.  Hell, I wouldn't mind Daniel right now.  Coming here was a huge mistake.  I should have never followed Clare.  I should have just pretended it never happened.

I close my eyes and feel tears on my cheek.  I slowly drag my legs up until they are balled up under me and hold myself as tight as I can.  I've never felt so horrible in my life.  Even when I had the flu last year it was nothing compared to this.  As I curl up a shiver goes over my body and the dying need to vomit overcomes me.  I grow more and more sick but it feels like the sickness won't ever actually come up.

Stomach wrenching pain cycles through my body and when it passes I open my eyes.  Lil is gone.  I turn to see she's not gone.  That she's actually moved around to the other side of me.  She's talking with Neel, who has calmed down and is looking into the garage at me.  With one eye still not showing any vision I reach my hand out to the pair, begging for help.