24: Leigh

24: Leigh

            There was only limited amount of time before Leigh's phone shut off in complete defeat. It was two in the afternoon on Monday, the following week, and she had just entered her last period class. So, instead of texting Noah, like she had originally planned, Leigh was stuck doing trigonometry without any distractions. She supposed it was a good thing though. Her teacher was in a particularly foul mood that afternoon and had assigned the class a whole lot of homework that she planned on checking the following morning. Since Leigh could concentrate, she did as much as she possibly could before the three o'clock bell rang.

            As soon as school was over, she gathered her books and drove to the library. Her usual desk was close to a power outlet, she pulled out a spare charger and pugged in her phone. While Leigh waited for it to load up and restart, she did a couple more equations. When her lock screen appeared, she saw an unanswered text from Noah. It was a reply from their previous conversation. Along with his message were three more; one from the phone company, another from her brother and the last from her friend, Maureen.

            Leigh opened Noah's message first and typed up an apology.

< Messages (3)    Noah

Load Earlier Messages
         iMessage
   Mon, 11 Aug 3:33 pm

            Hi, I'm sorry! My phone died on me.
            3:33 pm

Oh, Leigh.
I'm sorry for distracting you.
3:35 pm

            Please distract me every day.
            3:36 pm

It would be my honour.
But for now, you should really do some homework.
3:38 pm

            I can't, knowing you're somewhere here.
            3:41 pm

Actually, I'm not at the library today.
3:42 pm

            Picture my extreme sad face.
            I'd send an emoji, but it doesn't do my pout any justice.
            3:45 pm

I'm sorry, but a cat grew on my face last night.
3:46 pm

            A cat?
            3:48 pm

1 attachment (67.4 KB)
3:52 pm

            Leigh opened the attachment. It was a photo. Of Noah. Cropped, only to show half his face, but nevertheless, it made her happy. Really happy.

            Leigh looked at the dark green shirt he wore. The material looked soft, and it didn't fail to show his broad shoulders and the structure of his collarbones. Her eyes then skimmed to the strong structure of his jaw, the stubble around his face, framing a wonderful smile that Leigh knew she could never forget.

            I think you're beautiful, Noah.
            4:00 pm

That was a very masculine adjective.
4:02 pm

            Beauty isn't restricted to gender;
            not meant to be focused on femininity.
            4:04 pm

Well played, Leigh.
4:04 pm