20: Leigh

20: Leigh

            The minion in Leigh's lap was soft and hadn't left her side since she had gotten it. It had only been forty eight hours or so, but she had never had this much attachment to a stuffed toy, even in her early childhood. The toy smelt like Noah; of soap and new books. It was the most wonderful concoction.

            Leigh had a wonderful time at the movie the previous night. Even though Noah wasn't sitting directly next to her, her minion kept her company and it were almost as if he were there. She hoped their second date consisted of being closer. Much closer.

            A smile crept its way onto her lips. Thinking about a second date made her happy. She hoped they'd have a second. And maybe a third. And a fourth. And a fifth.

            Her smile kept getting wider and wider.

            As usual, Leigh went to the library the following day, her minion poking from her book bag as she made her way to her regular table. Nothing could have made her happier.

            Except for the note that sat on her desk. She silently compressed the little yelp of joy rising in her throat and made her way over.

            Thank you for the movie, Leigh.
            We should do it again.
            Date, I mean.
            Soon. Real soon.
            - Noah
            P.S. Although I don't really know your musical taste:
            Little Bird by Ed Sheeran
            I think you'll like it.
            P.P.S. I just recently discovered Winger by Andrew Smith.
            Share this glorious moment with me?
            You won't regret it.
            P.P.P.S. I don't usually kiss on the first date.
            But I couldn't resist.

            As Leigh pulled out her chair, she noticed the small Hershey kiss.