Chapter 17

Naomi's POV

I opened the door and there stood Austin. He looks very handsome with the black button-up shirt and dark jeans. There was a cute smile on his face as he held out a bouquet of red roses.

I smiled politely. To be honest, I much prefer white roses but I took them anyway.

"Thanks! They're very beautiful. I'll go put them in a vase. Would you like to come in?" I said.
"Yes, if you don't mind." He answered.

I went into the kitchen and look for a vase. I found one under the sink, so I went to wash it and filled it with water. I took my time arranging them. I don't know why but it feels like I shouldn't go on this date. It feels wrong like I'm cheating or something. I furrowed my eyebrows as I thought hard about it. Suddenly, I thought about Zach. I remembered the time when he looked at me with anger in his eyes. That happened after I said yes to Austin's date request.

"Naomi." I jumped, suddenly aware that Austin was here. Oh god! How long was I standing here?
"Sorry, I was thinking about something," I said. "That's okay. Shall we get going?" He asks with a smile on his face. He looks excited. There's even a sparkle in his eyes.

"Ah. Yes, of course." I walked to him as he leads us to his car. He opened the door for me and waited until I was safely inside the car. Well, he's a gentleman.

He drove us to a small Italian restaurant called Flèche de L'Amour. Wonder what that means?
He parked the car then went out to open my door. Wow, never has a guy done that for me. I smiled. "Is this place okay?" He asked nervously. I smiled and said "Yes". What's wrong with me? So far I only smile.

We entered the restaurant. It has a very romantic atmosphere. There was sweet music playing and a sweet vanilla scent in the air. There were red and white roses everywhere and there was also a chandelier in the middle of the restaurant. The walls were golden in color and the floor was carpeted in a red and gold color with intricate patterns.

A waitress smiled at us and led us to a table near the window. She gave each of us a menu and said she'll come back to receive our order. I looked at it and panicked slightly. I couldn't understand it. The names were all in Italian and had no English description. I looked at Austin and he seemed comfortable looking at it.

"Umm, Austin, I don't understand this," I said shyly. Might as well say it then risk myself of further embarrassment. "Oh. I can order for you if you like. Do you want steak and veggies?" He asked. "I'd love that. Thanks!" Steak and veggies sound delicious. It's been a while since I had steak. "Do you want cooked, medium rare or rare?" "I like medium rare. Thanks, Austin." He didn't reply but just smiled at me. Suddenly the hairs on my back started standing, I felt like I'm being watched. I looked around and then out of the window. I saw a guy standing in the parking lot with a camera in his hands. I looked more closely and it looked like Zach but there is something different about him. He looks deranged; there is a crazy look in his eyes. He saw me looking and smirked, there's something evil about it, then walked away. He really looks like Zach, but the deranged look says otherwise. Maybe Zach has an evil twin or something... Unlikely.

"Naomi, is there something wrong?" Austin asked concerned. I snapped out of it and said: "Did you see him?" "See who?" "Zach, well he looked like Zach, except he looked deranged." Austin looked shocked then he looked away. He looks deep in thought.

"Austin, do you know something about it?" I asked curiously. "No. Maybe it was just one of those people who looks the same but isn't related in any way." He says coolly. There's something strange about it. Well, it's not something to think about now.

The waitress came back and took our orders. As she left, there was suddenly a strange atmosphere, something I can't describe. Austin was looking at me blankly.

"What? Is something wrong?" I ask suddenly feeling self-conscious. "Nothing really. Just thinking. By the way, you look very pretty."

I blushed. "Thanks. You looked good yourself."

We talked about stuff like school, family, like & dislike. Even as our food arrived, we still talked.
As we finished our meal and paid, well he paid since he insisted, we agreed to walk in the park.

There was a cool breeze but it wasn't too cold. We were silent, just enjoying the others company. Suddenly the weird feeling that I'm cheating came back. It really does feel wrong. Zach popped into my head again. I feel like I'm betraying him. Weird, we aren't even friends anymore. Wait we weren't friends to begin with, I was just a toy to him. I felt sad and angry again. Who does he think he is? Playing with my feelings and then saying all those mean things. I felt my blood boil. I'll forget about him then, he is nothing but a bad memory now. Then memories of the times when we were together pooped in my head like the times we ate lunch together or when we ate ice cream together, how he innocently wiped my cheek. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Were those lies as well? He looked genuine, nothing like the bad boy I thought he was but then he proved me wrong when he said all those vile things to me.

"Naomi. Shall I take you home?" Austin asked. What was I doing thinking about another guy while I was having a date with another? Something's really wrong here.

"Yes, please. I'm sorry but I am feeling a little tired." I said. "It's fine. Did you have fun at least?" "Yeah, I did. Thanks."

He drove me home and like before he opened my door for me as well. He walked me to my door. He looked at me and smiled. "Thanks for agreeing to go on a date with me." He said happily. "It's fine. I had fun." I replied. He looks at me and then I notice how green his eyes are. They were like the emeralds. Beautiful but they were the wrong color, for some reason I want a darker eye color.

I saw him lean towards me but I couldn't move. He was only an inch apart. Then...

Okayyyy... Tell me what you think! Please. If I can get 150 votes and 50 comments then ill upload. But comments like an update please won't be included in the count because I really want to know what you guys think! Anyway sorry for the super long update! But I hope you like it! Thanks for all the votes and comments so far!