Chapter 13

Zach's POV

"ZACHARY XAVIER HELLMAN!!!" An angry voice yelled at me... hmmm, that voice sounds awfully like my mother... ignored the voice and went back to sleep.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled when the covers were suddenly ripped off my body making me feel the cool morning air. I looked up and saw a terrifying sight. It was my mother with an angry look in her eyes and my blanket in her hands. I wasn't afraid of anything and I'm pretty fearless but my mother was the only exception. I mean who wouldn't? I saw this small woman chasing after a robber with a broom when said robber created such a racket in the morning. I mean who steals in the morning? That just spelled stupid. And I was ten at that time. So, seeing her mad like how mad she was when she chased that stupid robber was just scary.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!! SCHOOL STARTS IN TEN MINUTES!!!" She yelled with her face bright red. A shudder went through my back. Damn it! Now I know why she's so mad. My mom hates tardiness like really hates it.

"I-" I tried saying but she cut me off.

"If you have time to talk why not use to get ready!" she said angrily.

I got up the ran to the bathroom taking the quickest shower in my 17 years of life then ran back to my room and slipped on some white shirt and dark ripped jeans. I skipped fixing my hair and just grabbed my bag as I ran out of my room. As I ran to the kitchen, just grabbed an apple and yelled bye to them.

I reached my car, got in and started driving to school. I checked my watch and saw that I only have five minutes left. Wow! All that in five minutes, that's a new record. I ate my apple as I drove speedily to school.

I reached school just in time for the bell to ring. I saw my parking space and parked the car. I saw James and ran up to him.

"Hi," I said tiredly.

"What happened to you? You look like you just woke up." He replied as we walked to class.

"Yes, cuz I just woke ten minutes ago like literally."

"Huh?" he said confused.

"My mom just woke me up ten minutes ago. Took a really quick shower and slipped on random clothes. Totally skipped fixing my hair and ran out of the house and only had an apple for breakfast." I said blankly.

"Not a good morning for you dude." He said as we reached class.

"Yeah," I said as I feel people looking at me. More like girls staring lustfully and guys staring in admiration. I scowled angrily. I glared at them, making them look away.

"I hate people," I said annoyed.

"If you hate people then you hate me and your family and yourself since we are people." He said jokingly.

"Who said I didn't hate you?" I replied playing along with him.

"Really? You're saying that to me?" he said in a girly voice making me laugh quietly. He is one of the few people who can make me laugh. That's why he is my best friend.

He smiled obviously achieving his goal to cheer me up.

Lunch came...

James and I went outside for lunch. I look around and saw her.

Naomi...

"Hey James, can we seat with them?" I asked trying to hide my excitement at seeing her.

James smiled and said "Sure man"

We walked to their table as her friend looked up, shock.

"Naomi..." I said as a smirk showed on my face.

She turned around shock clear in her beautiful chocolate eyes.

"Hi!" she said.

"Can we join you?" I asked her.

"Yeah, there is still room."

We were eating while there was minor chit chat as I saw James looking at Naomi and me intently. I was about to tell him off when my phone buzzed. Who could be texting me? I thought.

Having a nice group date, Z? C. H.

Ohhh! Who is C. H.?

VOTE & COMMENT