Last day of camping

Crunch, crunch went the leaves under my feet as I stepped over them. There were many leaves under my feet as I made my way in between through the trees. The branches hanged so I had to move them out of my way as I walked.

"Be careful," he said. I looked back at Ashton and nodded. He was right behind me, a few steps away from me. How my back ached from the heavy backpack I had on my shoulders. As I walked on, we came across this river. It looked so refreshing especially since the sun was burning hot against my skin.

"Well we made it," Ashton said while looking around. "I know I thought we weren't," I said back to him.

We went camping for a week and today was the last day of our camp, today was Friday. When we started, I didn't think we would make it this far. Usually we have heard people don't make it to where the river flows, but we did. And I was standing right in front of it.

I stood there for awhile and looked at the river. It looked so cold and soothing. Just staring at it made me thirsty. I took off my backpack and looked for my water. I took a long drink and then put it back. I arched my back so I could stretch my muscles.

"Now what?," I asked Ashton. He seemed to be looking at something which I couldn't see what.

Ashton had something in his hands, I couldn't really tell what it was because his back was to me. I walked on over to him and tried to look over his shoulder.

"What are you looking at?", I was curious. He didn't answer me, his eyes were glued to whatever was in his hands. "Ashton?," I was still.

Suddenly he turned around quickly and threw something at me. I caught a quick glimpse of it which to me looked like a spider. "OH MY GOD AHHHH," I ran away as far as possible from it. I could hear Ashton's laughs. He walked over to it and picked it up," it just a branch."

I carefully looked at it from far away. "You better not be lying," I said to him. He looked at it again," ohh I'm not it really is, look." I made my way slowly towards him and examined what was in his hand. He was right. It was just a branch that looked kinda like a spider. "ASHTON," I punched his left arm. He laughed his adorable laugh and rubbed his arm,"owwww."

"You scared the hell out of me," I could still feel my heart racing terribly. "Come on let's go," Ashton said while still laughing. I'll admit it was probably kinda funny. We made our way around the river and onto the other side. Ashton lead the way and I was right behind him. I stepped over a lot of leaves, branches and such.

Finally we go out of that place. As we found our way onto the road, Ashton decided to go back to the cabin. "You know your way back right? Because I sure don't remember," I caught up to him. He took out his map from his front pocket and looked at it. "Yup it's right here," he pointed to it and showed me. I could see that little smirk of his at the corner of his mouth.

I followed him back onto our cabin. We had to make our way up a small steep hill that was all dirt. I was already out of breath. "Come on babe," he grabbed my hand and pulled me. It seemed like he was trying to encourage me to keep going and I listened. My feet were aching me already. As we got back on track and saw out cabin, I checked my watch, 4:30 pm. It was still early.

I put my backpack down on the floor and plopped myself onto the bed. I groaned at the fact that my body was aching, especially my feet. I looked up at the ceiling and felt sleepy. I could hear Ashton doing something. "What are you doing?," I said softy. My eyes went to where he was. I could see him, he was putting our things away, well our clothes basically. I smiled.

"Aww how sweet of you thanks love," I told him. He looked back at me and gave me his flashing smile.

I looked at him again, but he was gone. "Ashton?" I sat up and looked around. He wasn't here,but his things were still there. Hmm maybe he didn't go far, maybe he just went outside. I got out of bed and went to check the bathroom. "Ashton?," I called out. He wasn't there either. I went outside and checked. It was kinda chilly and there was a bit of wind. I walked around the cabin just to check if maybe he was there, but he wasn't. As I took a step, my foot felt pain. "Ow," it was a sharp small branch. I realized I had gone out in just my socks.

"Dang it," I went back around to the front of the cabin and turned the nob. It was locked. I rattled it and pulled the nob, but it was no use. I hit the door in frustration. I made my way slowly down the steep hill which lead onto a road. I stood there on the side looking if Ashton was in sight. Nothing.

I looked at the cabin not wanting to leave, but it seemed like I had no choice. So I walked down the side of the road. I wrapped my arms around me trying to keep myself warm.

After a few minutes of walking, I heard someone was running through the trees. It sounded more than just 1 person. I waited to see who it was, maybe they could help me out. Then I saw him, Ashton. I could see him in between the trees, scared, running for his life. My face turned from smiling to scared.

"Run!" he said and motioned me to leave. I walked towards him, but he told me to stop in my tracks. "What's wrong..?" my voice trailed off. I saw a man with a gun. Ashton stood there, terrified. The guy was coming and he was coming towards him! He started pointing the gun at him and clicked it.

"Ash.." I couldn't finish the words. All I saw was like in the movies where someone gets shot repeatedly  in slow motion. I covered my eyes and cried in my hands. I kept on crying and I couldn't move from standing there.

"Diane....," I heard my name faintly. I wanted to move but it was like I was frozen. "Diane..."there it was again.

I gasped loudly and sat up. I saw Ashton siting on the edge of the bed. "What happened?" my hands trembled. "It's alright, you were just dreaming babe," he rubbed my foot. I sighed. "Ugh what a horrible dream," I shook my head trying to shake the dream out of my mind.

I went over to him and hugged him tightly. "Hey it's ok," he rubbed my back gently. I didn't cry, but I was on the verge to. "I heard you mumbling things, strange things so I was trying to wake you up," he said in my ear. It seemed so real though....

We let go and he gave me a comforting smile. "Besides it's time to go home from this trip," he looked at me straight into my eyes. I smiled at him and gave him an ok nod.

It was already getting dark and we were leaving at this time. "Wait you're gonna drive at this time? You don't want to wait till morning?," I asked. He laughed," no now is better please." "Fine," that little Ashton. He always has to convince me.

We grabbed our bags, headed out the door and in the back of the cabin there was a little parking spot and there was Ashton's car. He unlocked the doors and I got in. I put on my seat belt while Ashton got inside and started the engine. He went down the little steep hill and onto the road.

Well that was that. Camping was over. We came here for a week and I was tired with pain. I had a good time except for that stupid dream. Ugh what a nightmare. I was ready to go home with Ash and see what else would be in store for us. What adventure we would explore next.