Chapter Three

A/N: Sorry its so short, I'm trying to do a chapter a day, and with court coming up tomorrow, and starting a job the same day... Well just don't hate me too much.

XXX

'Why am I always waking you? I am your partner. Not a furry alarm clock.'

Salem sighed, rolling over in her sleep. Her head started to slowly and steadily pound, the pain becoming more prominent as she woke up.

'I do not recognize this place. You must wake up!'

Salem slowly sat up, groaning softly as her head thumped dangerously. Her gaze was hazy as she looked around in the small interior, confusion slowly lighting her gaze. Where was she?! It was then that her memory rushed back. The alpha, their talk, her leg and ribs being healed, then the oncoming blackness that overtook her... He must have taken her somewhere...

Standing on shaking legs, the girl trembled, going to one of the small windows before her. Looking out, her eyes widened in horror before an ear-piercing shriek rent the small cabin she was in. A plane! She was in a plane heading towards and unknown destination!

Nick sighed. "She's awake," he said, chuckling and standing up, the book in his hands forgotten as he made his way towards the back of the plane. Opening the door slowly, his emerald gaze took in the sight of the fair-colored young woman and her frantic pants, her gaze wide and terrified. Such fear. Didn't she know he would keep her safe?

"What's wrong now?"

Her stuttering made him step closer, and slowly lower his hand to her. He stopped when she flinched and drew her gaze to his. "We're in the air..." she said low enough that he had to lean down to hear her. He nodded, confused. "We're in the air, in a flying metal death trap thousands of feet from the earth..."

Understanding lit his features as he knelt down, taking her arms gently in his. She seemed to relax slightly, her body instinctively drawing closer to his while her mind seemed to be in a state of shock.

"Shh..." he murmured, hugging her to his chest, kissing the top of her head. Seems he was already learning of his little mate, he thought wryly.