Tunnels

"Well, we should go see Nahvir and see what he thinks," said Terrisah.

"Uhg. Nahvir. Do we really have to go see him? He doesn't know what he talks about..."

"You're just jealous about how he got Chosen before you did..."

"I am not! He got Chosen first 'cause he was more advanced at the time. Now he's not. I am. Nothing to be jealous of, thank you. "

"Mhmm. If you say so..." She laughed at him.

Gabriel just glared at her.

We walked through the hidden door and into the secret room. It was dark and damp, like walking into a cave. The smell was like rotting leaves and also slightly reeked of mildew. From what I could see in the torch light, it looked as if we were in a cave aswell. Which was odd, considering that we were above ground.

Like, c'mon. Who has tunnels above ground that NO ONE sees?!

Magic, Gabriel thinks to me.

Oh. Hey.... I shuffle my feet a bit. T-they can't read minds too, can they?

Nahh. It's a really advanced talent. He says arrogantly.

Ah. So that's why you're not jealous of this Nahvir person?

Yup. He's got nothing on my mind tricks. Heh.

You can do MORE?

Well, yeah. Duh.

I felt stupid. My face flushed. Thankfully the Tunnels were too dark for anyone to take notice.

As we continued, the floor seemed to get harder to walk up right on. Like it was going down hill.

Gabriel. What's going on with the floors?

We're going to the bottom level. Larùe. It's where Great Mother's spirt resides. It's also where Mr. Fancy-pants Nahvir is.

Oh.

I gasped for a breath. It's getting harder to breathe aswell.

Well, duh. There's about twenty or thirty tons of rock above us.

WHAT?!

Whoops? Forgot to tell you how the Tunnels work. Every foot we walk is equal to about twenty miles down here. Soon we'll be at the bottom of the earth's crust. No biggie.

No BIGGIE?! Yes 'biggie'!

How so? He mentally laughs.

There wasn't a logical reason for my freaking out. But then again, none of this is logical. My brain just couldn't grasp the concept of this all! This just is NOT possible!

But it is, love. Look around. It's happening. We are talking, yet our lips remain silent. This is real. This is possible. You must accept it. You have to. You have no other option. This is your world now. A world with me...

My heart flutters stupidly. Why did he have to put it like that? I made sure to block him before thinking: What will my life become if it's with you and this mythical nonsense?

When we reach the bottom, Larùe he called it, there was trees. Greenery everywhere. It was like being on the surface, but more extravagant. No pollution. The creatures here were unfathomable. And the-HOLY FUCK! There is a fucking unicorn! I can weep of happiness right now.

Haha. Calm down, Blair. It's just a horse with a horn.

Sooooo?! It's a UNIcorn! I want one.

You can't have one right inow...

I WANT ONE AND I WANT IT NOW!

No.

Pleaseeeeeee??

Nope.

Can I just PET it?

I guess...

He whistles and enchanting tune and a large black and purple unicorn comes forward from amongst the herd.

"This is Drav. He's mine." Gabriel tells me.

I gap at the beautiful beast. "Hello there." I scratch him under the chin.

He makes a low rumble-y sound.

"Is that good?" I ask Gabriel.

"Yah. I means he likes you."

"Good," I say, "I like you, too, Drav."

More low rumbles.

Heh.

They literally have to drag me away from the unicorns so we could continue the journey to see Nahvir and the Great Mother's spirit.

"But AFTER I can play with the unicorns again?" I kept glancing back to the Tepk Fields (where the unicorns live. They told me that's the name of the pasture.)

Both Terrisah and Gabriel huff and grumble.

"What?"

"Shut up about the damn unicorns, okay?!" Terrisah yelled.

"Don't speak to her that way, Underlie."

"What? Do you want me to cower and bow to you two? I'm a person, too, ya know..."

We continue to Larùe in muddled silence.

Once we got there, I knew. I just knew. I felt a presence that was vast. Surrounding me.

"We are here." Terrisah says.

"Welcome, my Children." A voice says from nowhere. Nowhere but everywhere. "I am the Great Mother, and you, Ms. Blair, are the Anointed One. Welcome home."