CHAPTER FOUR - THE SACRIFICE (Part 5)

CHAPTER FOUR – THE SACRIFICE

(Part 5)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Like a cat seeing its reflection in a mirror, I could see her hair stand on end and her deep, black pupils widen as she stared at me in astonishment. ‘I’ve never had this before…’ she uttered as I tried to get up. My new, larger size prevented me.

‘Had what?’ I gasped as every movement consumed more energy.

She kept backing away until the pig’s pen prevented her from escaping further. ‘I’ve never had the premonition power before. B-b-but I saw you… and Rohan,’ she stammered.

I found my feet and cautiously moved towards her. ‘Saw us where? I’m not going to hurt you,’ I promised as she put out her hands to urge me not to come any closer.

I stopped where I was and she calmed down.

Looking dizzy, she began swaying from side to side. She closed her eyes and squinted, as though trying to make out silhouettes in new surroundings. ‘I saw you screaming… Rohan is nearly human… they will not stop until they have you… you will have to make a choice,’ she said as she collapsed to the floor.

I ran over to help her, when she stopped, as suddenly as the fits had begun. Her eyes shot open like bullets, to reveal an absence of her dark pupils. Just her milky white eyeballs glowed with magic.

She put one hand on my face and one on my stomach, and to my surprise the baby remained peaceful. ‘What choice do you see me making?’ I whispered to her.

She stroked my face and smiled, ‘You will have to choose between saving the life of your baby or the life of Rohan. They are telling me you cannot have both.’

I jolted in fear as grey spheres began to circle her body. At that moment, I caught sight of the others come racing over.

‘What’s happening?’ Rohan yelled, pulling me back from the grey mass. I couldn’t answer and left Mulogo to try to bring her back to consciousness.

I ran back to the hut and tried to connect with Raven. There was no response.

I sat on the floor and tried to see her face but there was nothing. Just darkness. The only light was a grey shimmering silhouette in the distance.

I called out to Raven but it was as if the signal was out of range. ‘There’s something wrong,’ I said urgently to Rohan.

‘Keep trying,’ he replied as I continued to try to contact her for three hours.

Asabi had meanwhile regained consciousness and after resting for a few hours, she came to our hut. ‘Are you alright?’ I asked as she came over to me and gave me a hug.

‘Yes, although I’m a little shocked. I’m a healer not a seer - I don’t know what happened!’ she confessed as Mulogo rubbed her shoulders.

They sat by my side as I lay down on the floor. ‘Maybe someone gave you the gift for that moment. Maybe they knew Idony could not perform the task and Faith needed to know…’ Mulogo suggested as Rohan looked on in confusion.

‘You mean you haven’t told him?’ Asabi asked, concerned.

I shook my head. ‘Told me what? What’s going on?!’ Rohan said angrily.

We all looked at each other, immediately nervous. ‘Asabi had a premonition about us. But-but it doesn’t mean anything… I mean, we’ve changed history before, so we could change this too,’ I stuttered. Rohan looked at Asabi and Mulogo for the answers but they too turned away.

I knew it was up to me to tell him and even though I didn’t believe it, part of me felt the pain in my heart when she was experiencing the vision. ‘FAITH!’ he shouted and I knew there was no more delaying it.

‘She saw me screaming and said I had to make a choice. Either to save the baby or save your life,’ I replied hastily as he looked at Asabi who slowly nodded to confirm the devastating news. Asabi and Mulogo left us alone for a while and went to serve lunch to the rest of the camp. Rohan came to lie next to me and looked up at the ceiling in silence, for ten minutes. ‘If you ever need to make that decision, always save the baby over me,’ he whispered - he couldn’t take the silence any more.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. ‘It will never happen. I’ll never leave you and I’ll never let anyone take you from me!’ He kissed my head and rolled over to produce the golden locket he had given to me, after our visit to the Suco Headquarters. He put it in my hand.

‘Remember, no matter where I am you will always be able to see me with this. I’ll always be with you,’ he replied as he held me tight and I wept at the thought of never seeing him again.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY TUESDAY AND FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***