-Chapter 1 dramatic entry-

"Oh look out it is the monster!" A popular girl squealed with a giggle as she hid behind a jock and his click. Insults like this seemed to be the lighter of the abuse that you suffered daily and the sad part was that you accepted it, I mean there wasn't anyone to turn to for help. Between the bullies and the fact that teachers always seemed to start walking in the other direction whenever something happened and didn't even care if you showed up to class. But hey at least people left you alone most of the time and if your graded did 'magically' slip your oh so gracious parents were always there to set the record straight. At least the canteen was closed or you would've had several slushies in the face as you left school today and the amazing fact was the revelation of a Friday afternoon which meant no socialising required for two hole days. The only reason they bullied you aside from your profound intelligence was your eyes, your left is what can only be described as a cold steel blue and your right was a burning orange. It was a genetic mutation according to the thousands of doctors that marvelled at your eyes since birth and they were very keen to 'document' your eyes for 'science purposes', in truth it was all giber gab with a side order of a migraine and the worst part is most of them even went to the extent of calling them fluorescent at one point. Sighing you slowly made your way into the classroom and sat at the very back of the class and as the teacher started today's final class Mathematics. Worst of all the teacher for this class was Mr Patterson, Lieutenant James L Patterson to be precise, with his greying brown hair and dark green eyes this old war dog had more stories of war to tell rather than maths equations. Knowing the outcome of this lesson you only stared out of the window and daydreamed until the teacher interrupted it.

"Mr (L/N), would you do me the honour of solving this equation?" Mr Patterson asked. It was bad enough that you were in the 'advanced' class but the teacher was the only one that constantly tried to make you 'work' in class. With a defeated sigh, you slowly made your way towards the front and stared at the question as a round of snickers and quiet jokes were passed around the room. Picking up the marker you were about to start when some snotty jock decided to 'tap in' on the situation.

"Umm Mr Patterson, is (y/n) even capable of answering it? I mean come on the- "said jock was silenced as you began writing and no more than three seconds later you had finished and started making your way back to your desk. Once again you blurred out the world around you until you were safely inside of your home, more specifically your room of solitude. It was filled with books and games, so much that it was overwhelming but it didn't matter to you at this moment. Your bed was calling you so after placing your bag by your desk, you then proceed to faceplant into the soft bed and curled up and attempted to relax. But as the attempts became increasingly difficult as there was a small creaking noise that followed several light footsteps, nearly unnoticeable really and that could only mean one thing...

"Don't even think about it Skyler." You growled without moving an inch, your older brother Skyler was a... well an occasional time consumer in your opinion. At twenty years old, he was only three and a half inches taller than you and while he had the standard (h/c) hair and (e/c) like the rest of your family. He had slightly lighter skin and his hair was cut short and neatly, he may as well look like someone that the paparazzi should be stalking for a few mug shots just because of his 'beefyness' as you had heard girls talk about him, most of it made you gag.

"What is up with my little bro?" he asked as he started up the Xbox.

"I want to die and murder you after I come back to life." You reply while keeping your face in the pillow.

"Come on bro! Let's make stuff explode." He said as he grabbed you by the ankle and started dragging you off the bed, well attempting to. "Come on!"