Chapter 9 - lets not start this party-

Quickly passing through the door you easily spot sparky attempting to open the next door regardless of its difficulty. The small group quickly crowds the entry way and patience clearly wasn't in a certain marine's interest. "Hey, what gives?" he asked gruffly as Sparky paused for a moment.

"It seems I've...crossed a circuit." Sparky answered and only moments after the marine offered to help Sparky fired a blue laser at his hand. That yelp brought the attention of the group as the Arbiter eyed Sparky cautiously, his grip on his gun tightening ever so slightly.

Marine: "Little bastard stung me!" the marine yelled angrily, busy checking himself for any injuries.

"I did not want you to come to any harm." Sparky replied and resumed working on the locked door. A few moments later he succeeds and floats through the door, the rest of the group paused upon seeing the sleeping Grunts.

"Slothful runts. Kill them as they sleep." The Arbiter murmurs quietly and each member crept across the room, stealthily killing each grunt quietly.

"Come young Guardian. All you seek is close at hand." Sparky called out as he continued ahead, staying close behind Chief the team continued through the next room to find more sleeping grunts. Continuing on with our non-exciting stealth theme, the second party was quickly disposed of them and headed through to the next area.

Slowly trotting down the ramp, you faintly hear a Brute yelling about your presence, 'so much for your Stealth party' you thought sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Your goal is just below!" Sparky somewhat cheers and as you reach the bottom of the ramp you feel a harsh tug at the back of your armor, causing you to fall to the floor with a painful thud. Groaning loudly, you lay still for a moment as you catch Chief rushing around you. The echo of gunfire fills the small corridor as the rest of the team filters around you, the marines snickering as you slowly stood up. "Chief... SHOVED... ME" Growling lowly, you clench your jaw as you grab hold of your hammer, racing to catch up you pass through the already cleared out room to the outside to just see the last Brute be taken out.

Practically seething in anger, you lean against a raining with your left arm resting on the ledge while your right held onto the lower end of the Gravity hammers handle as it rested across your shoulders. You watch as Chief walks up to the activation pad and place his hand onto it. Sighing loudly as a projection of the milky way appears, even though you could barely hear the chief and Sparky talking from your position you already knew what the two were talking about. Turning to look out at the scenery you just spot the two banshees flying by, "We got Company boys". You call out bouncing the hammer off your shoulders to swing like a golfer warming up.

"We must get past that barrier! Or the Meddler will destroy it all!" Sparky Cries out as the phantom closes in, the gunners opening fire as everyone took cover.

"Chief, you got a whole mess of hostile air inbound. Get back inside while we take 'em out." Johnson radioed as several loud explosions echo around you. Chief roughly grabbed hold of your arm and dragged you back inside the building.

"Sir, Pelicans are gonna land...one level down!" one of the marines yelped as the door slammed shut behind them, meanwhile you were glaring at Master Chief's back as you followed somewhat behind him. Grumpily holding your hammer as you over your shoulders, your fingertips brushing against the slightly torn up backpack straps as your upper body swayed from side to side slightly leaving chief to deal with the Brutes. You were a certified, grumpy ass teen who was not afraid of letting the big man take the workload.

Reaching the lower outdoor platform took only minutes and as you trotted along, you could see the Pelicans making their timely entry. Walking down to the platform you reach the lowering pelican just intime to see the flock of sentinels floating up into the sky, remaining completely unfaced as Chief raises the alarm.