Chapter 4

Enemy's Daughter
Chapter 4
Gone By

-Shane's P.O.V-

It's been a couple days since we've put the plan into action. Jaelynn still has a week and a few days to decide if she still wants to continue with the plan and actually be with me as we rein over the two packs. So far she seems like she's still contemplating.

They day after I brought her home Macy was sent to a private school somewhere in another pack that was allied to us. She'll need to learn how to control herself, not to mention how a pack should work. Father was surprised by her actions. I was too. It wasn't like her, but I have always sensed something off about her.

Jaelynn's face has healed and had no scars from the incident. She didn't seem mad at all about what had happened. I did though. As we lay there the night that happened I couldn't keep my hands off her face. I felt guilty and didn't know why. Eventually she hit me over the head because she couldn't take the guilty look I was giving her.

I just sighed in my mind. I was conflicted, even after some time with her, knowing she's actually a wonderful person. Some parts of me said she deserved it because she was part of the enemy pack yet another part of me just wanted to hold her and make sure she was okay. When I put this plan into action I thought I would hold some resentment towards her for the rest of my life even though we would ultimately be working together to end it.

Now, I think I was actually holding some good feelings for her. I didn't know if she felt the same because she still acts the same as when we first met. Kind of makes me worried that she may never come to even like me.

Speaking of when we first met, I had Jace and Zeke act out as if the prisoner had escaped and it worked. The pack was on edge but nothing too bad. They all just thought that she ran away back to her pack and everything seemed fine. Father didn't like that someone had actually managed to escape his dungeons.

It made me wonder how he would react when he finds out Lynn is actually Jaelynn Stone. It also makes me wonder how he'll react when I willing brought her into our home. My family was supposed to hate the Stone's, yet some how I couldn't bring myself to hate her.

Today we had gone on our first date and we actually had fun. I couldn't believe the appetite she had though. I think she ate more than I did. Right now we were walking through the park and everyone was watching us. I could hear them whisper about the soon to be alpha female. Most were good things, others were just jealous.

I looked at Jaelynn and found her not even paying attention to them but to the children playing. Her eyes seemed to light up as she watched them. It made me wonder if she liked children, if she wanted some of her own. It wouldn't be a good idea to go into it right away when we combine the two packs because anyone who didn't want it to happen would attack her and our kids.

I bit my lip when I thought about our kids. Would she be willing to have kids? Does she even want any? I sighed out loud. She may not even want to get married and combine the packs and here I was planning kids with her. 

Jaelynn looked up at me and looking in her eyes caused something inside me to flip. Her large brown eyes looking up to me with almost a hint of innocence I've never seen before. 

"Why the hell are you staring me?" I looked down further on her face and noticed her frown. I looked back to her eyes and the look changed to one of question. I shook my head a bit and started to come back to the reality of everything.

I sighed out loud and she noticed it. My sigh made her roll her eyes until she looked back up at me with a serious face. "Look, I'm only doing this for my pack, if you think you're going to get any more out of this relationship you're wrong. I still don't fully trust you and until I do, I can't, actually no it's more that I won't do anything more for you."