Late Again (Chapter Unfinished)

RRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

The bell signaling 'Get your butt to your lockers because you only have 3 minutes until first period starts'. Students filled the halls chatting and slamming their lockers. I had to squeeze my way to my locker, which is basically 2 miles from all my classes. I finally made it to my locker when, just my luck, the bell rang. Like always, I was late to class.

“Late again, Velozo” Mr. Gardener said. All my teachers are horrible, but he's the worst. Not to mention he calls everyone by their last name, which is extremely annoying.

"You know my locker is all the way on the third floor" I said, beyond irritated.

“That's not a legitimate reason to be late to my class”. Mr. Gardener said.

How the hell is that not a legitimate reason? I thought to myself.

“You're not allowed in my class until I see a truant slip”. Sighing, I turned and left the class. I hate this school, I thought, I hate my life. I walked into the Principals office and slouched down on the waiting chair.

“Another truant slip?” The school secretary asked.

“Yep” I said.

“That's the tenth this month” she said “I have to give you detention”.

“Are you serious!?” I exclaimed.

“Yes” she said scribbling her initials on the truant slip.

“Can't I just sit in the hallway until my next class?” I said sadly.

“No then you'll be skipping class” she said handing me the slip “and you'll get suspended”.

“Fine” I sighed “just give me my detention”.

♠♠♠

The cafeteria roared with the voices of many students. I sat at my table alone staring at my pink detention slip. “Great” I said to myself “now I get another hour in this hell”.